PDA

View Full Version : Folding outfeed table for sawstop

Aaron Liebling
05-20-2021, 11:45 PM
I built a folding outfeed table for my sawstop, mostly following the design from https://www.rockler.com/learn/folding-table-saw-outfeed-table

It turned out great other than the mdf not being completely flat. Very annoying. It will work fine for the intended purpose, but I don't think there's much that can be done about it at this stage.

Also, my first time using a sliding dovetail. Super fun and works great!

Charles Coolidge
05-21-2021, 1:41 AM
The top of your lumber pile :eek: I opted for the SawStop folding outfeed table, currently assembling it. Your's looks nice!

Ole Anderson
05-21-2021, 9:25 AM
I used the same plans for mine, but just used a one piece, not hinged, support arm. It looks like your outfeed table is bowed in the center. I would look at adding a stiffener to the underside to pull it flat. BTW, I have since gone to a SharkGuard and extended the miter slots into the table and installed a permanent dust collector. Need to take a new pic.

Aaron Liebling
05-21-2021, 10:14 AM
The wood pile definitely needs reorganization (like most of ours probably do!).

The outfeed is slightly bowed in the center, which surprised me from a double layer of mdf. I'll add a cross bar on the bottom...and the extended miter slots will be the final touch once I have it flat.

I've been happy with the overhead dust collection excerpt two annoyances: for thin cuts it can be hard to get it close and still use the jessem rollers (can always go to a featherboard) and with just the 36" extension it limits the length of board I can cut on the right side. This last is the bigger problem long term.