PDA

View Full Version : Nice deal on a decent workbench

Lincoln Myers
01-09-2006, 4:15 PM
This is a deal I found on another "Deal Forum". Picked one up today for $20.00. It will not win any Fine Woodworking gallery awards, but it is a solid, decent workbench for the money.

The current regular price is $25.00 (down from $80.00). I used a 20% off coupon to bring it down to $20.00.

Home Depot SKU #: 272846

There are Birch and Walnut versions available. They can be scarce, but a call to my local HD showed 16 at at the HD in Broadwiew IL.

http://www.themyersfam.com/images/WorkBenchHD.jpg

-Linc

Chuck Hayes
01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Lincoln;

I searched for this item but could not find it on line. I found a store that says they have a few, but it is some distance. Could you tell me the dimension of this bench? I may have to take the trip to buy 1 or 2.

Thanks
Chuck

Lincoln Myers
01-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Lincoln;

I searched for this item but could not find it on line. I found a store that says they have a few, but it is some distance. Could you tell me the dimension of this bench? I may have to take the trip to buy 1 or 2.

Thanks
Chuck

Chuck,

You are correct, it will not show up online. I believe this was a holiday type order and is being cleared out now.

Here is a link to one assembled. I believe the top is 60" x 28" and is 1-3/4" thick. Not exactly sure on the height, but pretty standard height, you can get a good feel for the size of it in the link below.

http://thewoodcellar.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=6;&

The workbench comes unfinished in one box.

Good luck,
Linc

Gregg Mason
01-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Where in the store(which dept) were they located ?

Mark Rios
01-10-2006, 12:48 AM
My local HD has these for $75.

Mark Rios
01-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Ha Ha.....I just actually READ the original post. Nevermind.

Lincoln Myers
01-10-2006, 5:37 AM
Where in the store(which dept) were they located ?

Gregg,

The store I found them in, they were on 2 pallets in the middle of one of the aisles in lumber at the back of the store. Others who have found this deal at other stores had to have HD lumber staff help them find them, sometimes way up on the shelves.

-Linc