PDA

View Full Version : Corel convert back to outline

Bert Kemp
05-09-2021, 1:54 PM
so after 2 hours of messing around I finally got the shape I want, now I can't figure out how to get it back to an outline I can cut. so how does one convert it back thanks for any help. 457284

Glen Monaghan
05-09-2021, 5:03 PM
Not sure what you mean by getting it "back" to an outline, but I think you might want to select all, Arrange/Grouping/Boundary. That should create a new object that is the outline of all selected objects.

Bert Kemp
05-09-2021, 6:02 PM
It doesn't even give me the option to group

Joe Chritz
05-09-2021, 6:42 PM
Select all, break curve apart, change the solid color to an outline. Left click the x and right click the black.

That should do what you need and you can group it back if you want.

ETA: Make sure your line is hairline, mine now defaults to .069 and won't vector automatically.

Joe

Bert Kemp
05-09-2021, 7:05 PM
Select all, break curve apart, change the solid color to an outline. Left click the x and right click the black.

That should do what you need and you can group it back if you want.

ETA: Make sure your line is hairline, mine now defaults to .069 and won't vector automatically.

Joe

Thank you that was driving me crazy. easy when you know how LOL

Joe Chritz
05-09-2021, 8:52 PM
Corel has an issue with having things difficult to find. I have spent many minutes searching for something I just did minutes before.

It gets easier but is always a struggle.

Joe

Bert Kemp
05-09-2021, 10:00 PM
Corel has an issue with having things difficult to find. I have spent many minutes searching for something I just did minutes before.

It gets easier but is always a struggle.

Joe
Yea I have a hard time with it. I try for hours sometimes trying to figure things out, this one well you should have seen what I started with.Finally got the shape I wanted then got stuck LOL . thanks for the bail out.

Glen Monaghan
05-10-2021, 11:49 PM
I didn't say to group anything, but I misspoke anyway. I should have said "Select all, Arrange/Shaping/Boundary", as in click on the "Arrange" tab, mouse through the drop-down menu to hover over "Grouping" and click "Boundary" in the flyout. That will create a new object outlining everything you selected.