PDA

View Full Version : Did you get a stimulus payment /

lowell holmes
04-30-2021, 4:48 PM
I have a letter that says I did, but we have not seen a dime. The letter was dated April 19,2021. Have any of you seen a dime?

Ken Fitzgerald
04-30-2021, 5:03 PM
We got ours via direct deposit.

Lee Schierer
04-30-2021, 5:34 PM
We got ours via direct deposit.

Same here and we've already stimulated the economy.

Tom M King
04-30-2021, 5:57 PM
I'm helping some of the local, low-income people get theirs, who didn't get one, several, or any. If you didn't get one, and you were supposed to, you have to file an income tax form, even if you made no income. I haven't had the time to look into the details yet, but there is a form for it. I had one person show up just a few days ago, and he didn't have any of the information I needed, like SS number.

Alex Zeller
04-30-2021, 7:50 PM
Got ours awhile ago. Direct deposit.

Doug Dawson
04-30-2021, 8:07 PM
People who were on social security would routinely get shafted out of their stimulus checks. This was corrected only recently, when somebody in a position to do something about it put their foot down and made stuff happen. In the meantime, the Treasury Department is struggling to keep up, by their own admission.

lowell holmes
04-30-2021, 8:09 PM
I just went to the bank and we have not received a penny.

Dave Lehnert
04-30-2021, 8:37 PM
I received a letter like yours but it was for the second check. Seemed kinda late to send that letter. Maybe yours is the same????

I did get the last one about a month ago via check in the mail.

Bruce Wrenn
04-30-2021, 8:48 PM
We've received all three. First two by mail, and third direct deposited into my account where my retirement (SS) is deposited. Was surprised to see it there. We stimulated the economy by having $3600 worth of trees taken down. From first two checks, wife bought a set of tires, and I rebuilt shed across back of shop, plus prepaid for our cremations.

Alex Zeller
05-01-2021, 7:11 AM
We also got a letter but it was for the second check, not the last one. I don't think we've seen a letter for the first one or the last one.

Stan Calow
05-01-2021, 9:57 AM
Showed up direct deposit without a letter.

Jim Koepke
05-01-2021, 10:01 AM
No letter, all of our stimulus payments have been received via direct deposit. Our tax rebates the same way. We would likely purchase a new truck with our without the stimulus.

Getting the new vehicle one wants is not easy these days. Our dealer has 15 pickup trucks on order and with mine, 14 of them are already sold/spoken for.

Mine was the odd duck. Seems everyone wants the large cab and a short bed. My needs require a long bed with the 'crew' cab. My other request was one ton cargo capacity. They are pretty much mostly diesel power trains. Oh well, something new to learn about.

jtk

Lisa Starr
05-01-2021, 12:11 PM
We've received all 3 via direct deposit. I "think" that filing your taxes and receiving/paying refund/owed amounts electronically helped grease the wheels.

Ronald Blue
05-02-2021, 8:32 AM
I just went to the bank and we have not received a penny.

Received first by direct deposit and the last two by check. You are on here so look up the status of it. If it shows it was sent then it's either been stolen or it's lost in the mail. That web site actually does work.

Doug Dawson
05-02-2021, 1:52 PM
Received first by direct deposit and the last two by check. You are on here so look up the status of it. If it shows it was sent then it's either been stolen or it's lost in the mail. That web site actually does work.
I’ve never seen it work. Many other people have never seen it work.

Mike Cutler
05-02-2021, 2:26 PM
I received a letter like yours but it was for the second check. Seemed kinda late to send that letter. Maybe yours is the same????

I did get the last one about a month ago via check in the mail.

The letter I received for the second one stated that "by law" I was entitled to a stimulus check, but they did not send me one, and then gave me the IRS link with instructions to declare the "credit".
To date, I have received no stimulus checks at all. Neither last year, nor this year.
To be brutally honest though, I have been very blessed in life and I don't need them. I just hope that some one that did need one, got one in my place.

Ronald Blue
05-02-2021, 2:43 PM
I’ve never seen it work. Many other people have never seen it work.
Myself and everyone I know that tried it was able to see the status. Must be where you live.

Scott Donley
05-02-2021, 2:44 PM
Lowell, Check this website https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment It will tell you when it was sent and links for help if you did not get it. It worked for me.

Doug Dawson
05-02-2021, 4:43 PM
Myself and everyone I know that tried it was able to see the status. Must be where you live.
It probably had something to do with being on social security. There was a major s.n.a.f.u. with that until it was recently corrected (whereupon everything came all at once, going back more than a year.) I could comment further, but that would be getting into political influence on government operations, and we can’t talk about that here.

Thomas L Carpenter
05-03-2021, 7:42 AM
Lowell, Check this website https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment It will tell you when it was sent and links for help if you did not get it. It worked for me.

Thanks, Scott. Went to the website and discovered I received mine by direct deposit a while ago. All the others have come by check.

Tom Stenzel
05-09-2021, 10:20 PM
We received the first one by check and the third one by direct deposit. Haven't seen the second one, nor have we gotten any form 1444 a,b or c to say we received any payment.

By the way, I just got a form 1444C for my mother that she just received a third stimulus payment. She passed away March 2nd. Hoo boy, now what?

-Tom

Jim Becker
05-10-2021, 7:58 AM
Tom, deceased folks do get the payment for the tax year in which they passed away. Whomever is their executor/PoA has to distribute it per the will or other legal instructions.

Lee Schierer
05-10-2021, 8:21 AM
We received the first one by check and the third one by direct deposit. Haven't seen the second one, nor have we gotten any form 1444 a,b or c to say we received any payment.

-Tom

We didn't initially get the second check because we changed our bank account from what was used for the 2019 tax filing. If you used direct deposit for your tax return, the IRS doesn't allow you to change your bank account number in any way except on your next tax filing. We did; however, get our money as part of our 2020 tax rebate when we filed our 2020 taxes. You do have to claim the payment as a tax credit when you file, it isn't automatic unless you claim it.

Tom Stenzel
05-11-2021, 1:01 AM
We didn't initially get the second check because we changed our bank account from what was used for the 2019 tax filing. If you used direct deposit for your tax return, the IRS doesn't allow you to change your bank account number in any way except on your next tax filing. We did; however, get our money as part of our 2020 tax rebate when we filed our 2020 taxes. You do have to claim the payment as a tax credit when you file, it isn't automatic unless you claim it.

Thanks Lee, we know about tax credit with the 2020 tax filing. Of course before we claimed it I wanted to be sure that something wasn't sitting somewhere or lost in the mail. The problem we had was with making an account with the IRS required a cell phone number. Both me and my wife have contract cell phones and they weren't acceptable. So we have to get the activation number by mail (drum fingers on table). I'm still waiting for it. The taxes, they couldn't wait any longer!

Incidentally, we've always have gotten checks from the IRS for refunds and never have had a direct deposit from them. But the third stimulus was a direct deposit to our checking account. The more I think about it the more I need some tax time vitamins, otherwise known as Motrin.

-Tom

Jim Koepke
05-11-2021, 7:51 PM
The more I think about it the more I need some tax time vitamins, otherwise known as Motrin.

My tax time vitamin is easier to spell… Rum.

jtk

Dave Zellers
05-11-2021, 9:19 PM
My tax time vitamin is easier to spell… Rum.

jtk

AwesRum! mine is the same number of letters. Gin. Plus a thimble of vermouth and two blue cheese stuffed olives.

But I did marry a rum gal.

Taxes are in the mail ! Always an occasion for some olives.