PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

Jerry Ragan
01-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Have been retired a couple of years and want to learn the art of woodworking. :eek: Forgive my lack of knowledge -- but have been known to catch on quick.:confused:

Bill Stevener
01-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the Creek, you guys are coming in like a flood. If you are a quick learner, stop in every evening or just any time of the day and you should have it down pat in about a week:eek:

Nice you stoped in, hope to see some of your work, we like photos.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Andy Hoyt
01-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Welcome Jerry. So tell me - what state or province is Gerogia located in?:D

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Cecil Arnold
01-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the creek Jerry. You will find a number of knowledgeable (unfortunately I'm not one of them) and helpful people here who will do their best to answer your questions.

Ernie Nyvall
01-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Welcome Jerry. This is a great place to get started. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here at the Creek. I've learned a great deal from them.

Do you have something particular in mind that you want to build?

Law enforcement 34 yrs... wow. Thank you for your service to the community.

Ernie

John Hart
01-09-2006, 7:35 AM
Welcome to the Creek Jerry!!! We'll help you mess up anything you got in mind!!!:) (and we're good at it!!:D )

Tyler Howell
01-09-2006, 8:00 AM
Welcome Jerry.
Great bunch of folks here. No matter what level, we'd love to see your work, tools, shop, vaction home, new grandkids, wood hauler,house........ you know pix;)

Keith Burns
01-09-2006, 8:04 AM
Welcome to the Creek Jerry, boy are you in for it now:D

tod evans
01-09-2006, 8:05 AM
jerry, welcome

Mark Cothren
01-09-2006, 8:46 AM
Welcome Jerry!

Dick Parr
01-09-2006, 9:30 AM
Welcome to the Creek Jerry.:) And to the Dark Side...:eek: ..:D

Bob Noles
01-09-2006, 9:59 AM
Jerry,

From one Georgia boy to another.... WELCOME!

What part of the great state can one find you? What area of WW does your interest reside?

Steve Clardy
01-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Welcome Jerry!

Bernie Weishapl
01-09-2006, 4:49 PM
Welcome Jerry.

Glenn Hodges
01-09-2006, 5:51 PM
Welcome Jerry if you want to watch someone turn wood come by my house if you are ever in South Georgia.

John Miliunas
01-09-2006, 7:16 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Jerry! We take most everyone here, from Pro's to absolute Newbies. Heck, they even let me hang around! :rolleyes: :D As a "beginner" the most important thing to remember is that you should NOT be afraid of asking questions! That's how we learn and, on this particular forum, you need not be fearful of nasty comments, cuts or ridicule! Like I said, they haven't managed to laugh me off of here...(yet)!:D So, don't be shy and join in the fun!:) :cool:

Jerry Ragan
01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks to all for the welcome. I look forward to reading the post and will be open to suggestions. And it is ---- Georgia --- Andy. I am located in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. about 50 miles north of Atlanta.
Never been exposed to woodworking but would like to learn how to work with the lathe.

Jerry Ragan
01-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi Bob
I hang my hat between Canton and Roswell. A crossroad called Hickory Flat. I know little to nothing but interested in turning.

Jerry Ragan
01-09-2006, 10:45 PM
You are in North Fla. I have looked at your web page and you have some great work. Would love to travel down one day
thanks

Carole Valentine
01-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the Creek Jerry.:) And to the Dark Side...:eek: ..:D
Dick, Dick, Dick...you make us sound EVIL! You're gonna scare Jerry away! :eek:It's not the Dark Side...that's those guys over in the Hand Tools group. They don't have any power in their shops so they have to slave away with hand tools in the dark like that nut that does the Woodwright's Shop on TV. We are on the Round Side...sounds much more friendly, I think!:D

Hi Jerry! Welcome to the looney bin!:D:D:D

Rich Stewart
01-10-2006, 2:58 PM
How about the "Round Room"? Isnt that the class in highschool where they put the round pegs in square holes?

Welcome Jerry. Have fun.