PDA

View Full Version : The ice cream bowl

Robert Mickley
01-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Well at least for me, turned out at 18 inches, was about 20 but I screwed up the outside row ow walnut dots and had to turn them off :( The dots are just walnut plugs, drilled a shallow hole and plugged em, it is thick at about one inch but it feels fine.

Finish is just claphams salad bowl finish.

Andy Hoyt
01-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Well it's about time somebody turned me a proper sized ice cream altar!

Mint Chocolate Chip with extra Hersheys please.

Nice work, Robert. Like the form.

Next time turn a shallow groove inside at the perimeter to aid in spooning up the last few melted puddles.

Bill Stevener
01-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Hi Robert,

Thats some bowl. Just the size I like for ice cream. Love em dots, sets it off just right. Thinkin of ice cream, see ya later, going to get some..

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Jim Ketron
01-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Nice Bowl!
Beautiful finish and wood!

Ernie Nyvall
01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
The size ice cream bowl that's only in dreams:D... and a very nice one at that.

Ernie

John Hart
01-09-2006, 7:33 AM
Great idea on the dots Robert! I love the whole thing.:)

Keith Burns
01-09-2006, 8:03 AM
Great looking bowl for sure:) . I'll take chocolate chip cookie dough, quadrouple serving please:D

Jeremiah Jordan
01-09-2006, 8:04 AM
MMMMM Ice Cream..... Looks great Robert.

Jeremiah

Mark Cothren
01-09-2006, 8:48 AM
Very nice bowl, Robert! I like the added rim detail - something different, for sure.

Thanks for the pictures!

Mint Chocolate Chip with extra Hersheys please.

Ewwww... there is no other flavor besides homestyle vanilla....:D

Andy Hoyt
01-09-2006, 8:51 AM
.....Ewwww... there is no other flavor besides homestyle vanilla....:D

Only if you dump some maple syrup on it.

Jim Becker
01-09-2006, 8:55 AM
Very nice!! The rim treatment with the "dots" really works well.

Michael Stafford
01-09-2006, 9:03 AM
I like the rim treatment and as much as I like ice cream, if I had that bowl no ice cream would be coming anywhere near it! Nicely done!:D

Ken Garlock
01-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Robert, when I saw the title of this post, I thought you had figured out how to chuck up a half gallon of Blue Bell (http://www.bluebell.com/Default.htm).:D

The I discovered it was a beautiful bowl for holding the Blue Bell.

BTW, where is New Springfield?

Robert Mickley
01-09-2006, 1:13 PM
Thanks guys, As you can tell buy now I'm always loooking for ways to be differant. Well if you talk to my wife she will tell you I am differant :rolleyes:

Ken
New Springfield is just south of Youngstown Ohio almost on the PA OH line.
I'm close enough to shop in Youngstown but far enough away I can forget its there

Ken Garlock
01-09-2006, 1:30 PM
Thanks guys, As you can tell buy now I'm always loooking for ways to be differant. Well if you talk to my wife she will tell you I am differant :rolleyes:

Ken
New Springfield is just south of Youngstown Ohio almost on the PA OH line.
I'm close enough to shop in Youngstown but far enough away I can forget its there

OK Robert. I know the general area as I have some cousins in the Salem -Alliance area.

Robert Mickley
01-09-2006, 1:57 PM
OK Robert. I know the general area as I have some cousins in the Salem -Alliance area.

I go through Alliance all the time, on my way to Hartville hardware!!:D

John Hart
01-09-2006, 2:00 PM
I go through Alliance all the time, on my way to Hartville hardware!!:D

I've never been to Hartville. I'm feeling the urge to move there. Dunno why. hmmm:rolleyes:

Ken Garlock
01-09-2006, 3:19 PM
I've never been to Hartville. I'm feeling the urge to move there. Dunno why. hmmm:rolleyes:

John, you need to take your wife along, and plan to go on a day that they have the Hartville auction. After visiting the auction, and Hartville hardware, stop at the Hartville Kitchen for dinner - good Amish cooking. BTW, your wife will enjoy looking around the hardware store, there is more than just tools.:)

Give the hardware store a call to find out the day of the auction.

Loy Hawes
01-09-2006, 3:37 PM
Ewwww... there is no other flavor besides homestyle vanilla....:D

I am going to have to side with Andy on this one. If Vanilla and Mint Chocolate Chip fought Mint Chocolate Chip would kick Vanilla's butt.Mint Chocolate may be green with envy but it does have Chips. For all of us that loved that show, you know when Jon and Ponch are on your side you can't be beat!

:D:D:D

Robert Mickley
01-09-2006, 4:37 PM

It's calling you,, come to Hartville, Come to Hartville!!! :) You can waste a whole day at Hartville, half of it in the hardware ;) Great selection , staff that knows the equipment, it just goes on and on. In fact I'm thinking on going this week since I got some money burning a whole in my pocket!!

John Hart
01-09-2006, 5:50 PM
All right you guys...I went to mapquest and got my route figgered out. Hartville is only an hour away. I guess it's time to take a little trip. Have to go out to Middlefield to look at our new woodshop...er...I mean Our new house, on Saturday:D . Maybe it's time to make a little diversion. Good idea y'all!!!:) :)

Robert Mickley
01-09-2006, 5:53 PM
you won't regret it!! your wife may but you won't :D

Glenn Hodges
01-09-2006, 5:55 PM
Looks like a great bowl for holding a lot of cherry icecream. Good idea!

Joe Melton
01-09-2006, 6:50 PM
That's a real nice bowl. I'd think some multi-colored dots and ice cream with M&Ms would be cool, too.
Joe