PDA

View Full Version : Wixey WR550 - Minimax FS30 Classic

Jebediah Eckert
04-15-2021, 1:07 PM
I purchased a Wixey WR550 to instal on my Minimax FS30 Classic.....and that is as far as I got.

Has anyone put one of these their Minimax jointer / planer that could maybe post a picture of it installed? That would be a big help. I’m just scratching my head at this point trying to figure out a spot to mount it.

Thanks.

Jebediah Eckert
04-18-2021, 11:13 AM
I guess I’m going to have to figure this one out on my own.......,

Paul F Franklin
04-18-2021, 11:22 AM
Jebediah, Not a Minmax, and not a wixey, but I showed how I mounted a DRO to my j/p at the end of this thread: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?280642-King-Canada-KC-12HJPC-12-quot-Jointer-Planer-Combo-First-impressions&highlight=King+Canada

Maybe it will give you some ideas.

Jebediah Eckert
04-18-2021, 11:56 AM
Thanks Paul, I saw that thread when I was poking around. Great pictures, that probably would work for my machine. I should have made things easier and just bought the one you had. I’m not even sure now why I didn’t.

I tried Wixey for help or pictures on my machine but it wasn’t any help. Maybe I will just try the iGaging one you have and move the Wixey along elsewhere.

Jacob Mac
04-18-2021, 1:30 PM
Would you please post your solution? I'm in the same boat.

Jebediah Eckert
04-18-2021, 5:04 PM
I will if I figure it out. It is starting to lean towards scraping at this point. I can live without it. I was hoping Wixey would have been more helpful. My solution might be to get the iGaging version, I think I can make that work easy enough.