PDA

View Full Version : LA Spray vacuum breaker for lawn sprinklers, rebuild kit

Bill Dufour
04-14-2021, 6:47 PM
My house has brass sprinkler valve the brand is "LA Spray". I need a new seal kit for the breaker valve. Why to many Los Angeles hair spray, spray tan, sites to find any info. I am hoping it will interchange with something still made today.
Iron pipe in and out with no shutoff valve and stuff teed off upstream so hoping not to have to cut it out and redo all the manifold.
Bill D.

Tom M King
04-15-2021, 8:14 AM
No Union? If there is not one, and you have to redo it, put a Union in, so it can be easily changed in the future.

Ronald Blue
04-15-2021, 9:29 AM
What type of seals Bill? O-rings? I doubt that they used custom made seals so I would think what you need is out there if you can determine what you need dimension wise.

Bill Dufour
04-15-2021, 10:37 AM
No union, no shutoff. I think they just added more over time. I think Ronald is correct and I will just have to match seals. It looks like one flat washer and one o-ring. Not sure if it is really an o or maybe a cup seal
Bill D

Ronald Blue
04-15-2021, 12:01 PM
No union, no shutoff. I think they just added more over time. I think Ronald is correct and I will just have to match seals. It looks like one flat washer and one o-ring. Not sure if it is really an o or maybe a cup seal
Bill D

Does it sit in a groove? Probably o-ring if so. Quad ring is a possibility too but not as likely. Photos?

Bill Dufour
04-16-2021, 10:49 AM
I bought the generic brass rebuild kit at HD and it had a new plastic valve and seal that fit perfect. It did not have the outer paper seal but the old one works. It cost $5.00.
Bill D.