PDA

View Full Version : Dri-core subfloor

Matt Tawes
01-08-2006, 8:00 PM
Hey Guys,

I read some posts in the past about shop floor options and someone mentioned Dri-core which after researching looks appealing. Anyone out there have this in their shop? How do you like it?
My shop is on a concrete slab that unfortunately has no vapor barrier under it. Considering it's got heat & ac I don't have a big moisture problem except I have most the shops work areas covered in long sections of anti-fatique matting (which works great except of course moisture collects under them and eventually causes mildew). Basically after dealing with the mats for the last 6 years I'm thinking of putting in the wood floor to make the floor warmer and easier to roll equipment arround on. The Dricore allows moisture to escape and is heavy duty while only measuring about 7/8. If I went the 2x4 sleeper covered in plywood route I would have to pull my door units out and raise them up and of course I would have to empty my shop whereas the dricore I can lay it down and move stuff around as I lay it.

Art Mulder
01-08-2006, 10:31 PM
no personal experience, however I've heard that the dricore is pretty pricey. You can also get the plastic dimpled stuff on a big roll (Delta-FL ??) and then put 4x8 sheets of plywood on top of it and fasten them down. THat might be cheaper.

Jim Becker
01-09-2006, 8:52 AM
Yes, Dricore isn't inexpensive, but it also adds some insulating quality and moisture protection...fast installation, too, as you can float it without fastening it down to the floor below it.

Cameron Reddy
01-09-2006, 2:04 PM
Easy to install. Keeps standing water away from the wood. I've installed about 300 square feet in my basement workshop and I like it.