PDA

View Full Version : Pink Haze

Keith Burns
01-08-2006, 7:18 PM
OK, I'm getting carried away, but I am having fun. This is of course live dyed aspen, 6" dia. by 3" tall and weighs 4 oz. Amazes me how lite this stuff is. The last photo is a poor atempt at using a different background:D . Thanks for looking.

Gary Max
01-08-2006, 7:49 PM
Looks great to me---heck I have always been a big fan of nice curves.

Dick Parr
01-08-2006, 7:53 PM
That is really nice looking Keith. That is lite for that size. I love the color of the wood in the last picture, it must be the natural light from outside that really shows the color.

If I had that wood I would get carried away also Keith. You are really doing that wood justice with your turnings. Keep them coming.;)

Paul Douglass
01-08-2006, 7:58 PM
I really think that is one pretty bowl. How do you "live dye" wood? I assume the dye is put in some how while the tree is still alive? How long does it take?

Great bowl.

Mark Cothren
01-08-2006, 8:33 PM
Man Keith, you are on a roll! This is another great one from your stash.

Thanks for the pictures!

Travis Stinson
01-08-2006, 8:39 PM
Awesome Keith! What other colors do you have up your sleeve?;)

John Hart
01-08-2006, 9:00 PM
I like the color Keith..But the form is just perfect!!! The lip is different than most and very appealing. Nice!!!!:)

Bill Pealer
01-08-2006, 9:08 PM
Beautiful wood and great looking bowl

Bernie Weishapl
01-08-2006, 9:16 PM
That is a great looking bowl Keith. Caught my eye because of the form. Saved the picture just in case I get good enough to make one like it. Nice Work.

john whittaker
01-08-2006, 9:19 PM
Does anyone else see the lady riding a unicorn in the last photo? Am I seeing things or just euphoric after the Panthers annihilated the Giants. (Stealth gloat)

Kinda looks like Carole staring out to sea with her hair blowing.....:rolleyes:

Dennis Peacock
01-08-2006, 9:54 PM
Another Great One Keith!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics. Really nice.:D

Ernie Nyvall
01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Very nice Keith. I really like the form. It looks like a painted clay pot I dug up once.

Say how'd you get that pig to sit so still with a bowl on it's head? :rolleyes:

Ernie

Andy Hoyt
01-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Pink Haze was all in my brain,
lately things don't seem the same,
actin' funny but I don't know why
'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Way too cool - once again! Thanks, Kieth

Carole Valentine
01-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Great! That looks like washed out Box Elder. I really like it, but then I like pink. :D

John Hart
01-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Great! That looks like washed out Box Elder. I really like it, but then I like pink. :D

You are such a girl.

Ron Ainge
01-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Keith, I am one that has aspen in abundance in my area and I really like turning it. I was not aware that it grew in the eastern part of the U.S.. I use it to make most of the chirstmas tree ornaments that I make because it turn so easy and takes such a great finish. Keep up the good work

Keith Burns
01-09-2006, 5:49 PM
As always Guys, thanks for your remarks. They are appreciated. I do have a couple more blanks coming from Colorado, yes Ron Colorado, so I expect I'll do a couple more. If anyone is interested in these blanks let me know and I'll pm you the email address. I have no connection with the seller.

Rich Stewart
01-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Andy, I always thought that was "'scuse me while I kiss this guy" lol

That sure is pretty Keith. The figure in the wood looks just like some Alaskan birch I got from Ebay. Is birch and aspen related? I made a couple bowls out of it and they look a lot like that. Wish I had a pic but I just put everything on disc and deleted from my computer to get another year going.

Jim Ketron
01-10-2006, 5:02 PM
Beutiful Piece Keith!
Nice form and another awesome piece of wood!;)