PDA

View Full Version : Where To Find Replacement Lens For Kreg Stops?

Julie Moriarty
04-05-2021, 11:54 AM
Both stops for my Kreg miter saw track kit have broken lenses. Any idea where replacements can be purchased?

richard poitras
04-05-2021, 12:36 PM
Did you try Kreg?

Julie Moriarty
04-05-2021, 3:07 PM
Did you try Kreg?
First place I looked but couldn't find it.

Those stops are pretty useless for measuring without them.

Richard Coers
04-05-2021, 3:33 PM

You didn't call them? Can't imagine anyone making a replacement lens for a Kreg item, except Kreg.

Stewart Lang
04-05-2021, 3:40 PM

Give them a call or email them. I can almost guarantee they have them available if requested.

Earl McLain
04-05-2021, 7:58 PM
Yep, call. Just a guess that they will have them and ask only for your address. They've been that kind of service company for me.
earl

Bruce Wrenn
04-05-2021, 8:43 PM
Kreg is first class when it comes to customer service. I broke part of a five year old pocket hole jig. Called and asked about getting replacement part, and they said "Give us your address and we will send you a complete jig FREE! And they DID!!!

Julie Moriarty
04-06-2021, 8:33 AM
Call them? Like in the olden days? (a little self-deprecation for that now dawning on me)

Thank you. I will do that today. Sure would be nice to have that working again.

John Stankus
04-06-2021, 2:18 PM
Call them? Like in the olden days? (a little self-deprecation for that now dawning on me)

Straight from the Kreg website

Our Technical Support team is always available to help via phone or email
call

(800) 447-8638
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST
email

Submit a Question →

technicalsupport@kregtool.com

Earl McLain
04-06-2021, 7:40 PM

My first experience with a Kreg product was a used miter gauge i bought in an online auction. Came missing a few bits & bobs. I went to the Kreg website several times--couldn't find a way to buy parts. After about a week, i called in frustration--only to be asked for my address and what was missing. I asked for an estimate before paying--the response was zero. I restated that i'd bought it used--to which the response was that they just wanted people to move on with a positive woodworking experience. I'm not a big customer for them, but i tend to not have concerns about getting service if i ever need it. The $5 or so they spent on mailing me a few screws was a good investment for them. Good stuff.
earl

Jason Ost
04-06-2021, 9:27 PM
Kreg has awesome customer service. I had a problem with one of their clamps and they replaced it after giving me a couple ideas of how to fix it. It was not fixable but I had a replacement in a few days. I have no reservations about buying Kreg tools.