PDA

View Full Version : My 10 year old son is so excited

Ed Lang
01-08-2006, 3:48 PM
He just received an email thanking him for one of the pens he turned and sent to the Freedom Pens Project.

I am not sure if I will be able to get him to sleep tonight or not!!!! He is on cloud 9.

Below is the text from the email with names and addresses removed.

<!--StartFragment -->
Sir,

This is a message for Joe, your son I’m assuming. Please pass it on to him for me. Thanks

Joe,
I just arrived overseas where I realized that I left all of my pens at home. I’m an executive officer here in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Afghanistan</ST1:place></st1:country-region>, so I have lots of stuff I need to do with filling out forms, making certain things are running smoothly, etc…so it will come in good use! Thanks so much for making it for me, I really appreciate it. Your pen is the best one I’ve ever had, I’ve always wanted a wood crafted pen but never went out and bought one. I’ll use it for everything I do when I’m here, including writing home to my wife and daughter. After I’m finished over here I’ll bring it back home with me too!

<!--StartFragment -->
Thanks again,

<st1:city w:st="on">Bagram Airfield</st1:city>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Afghanistan</st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region>

Keith Outten
01-08-2006, 5:58 PM
Joe,

Thanks so much for joining the Freedom Pens Project. I hope we will be seeing you at the next Turn-A-Thon.

Keep-On-Turnin...

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-08-2006, 7:18 PM
That is AWESOME!

Bruce

Ed Lang
01-13-2006, 2:31 PM
Joe got a second email and it had pictures attached. Joe has now gotten to see the landscape, an Air Force Base and the guy who got the pen.

I think I need to get some more pen kits as Joe is ready to start turning again.

:)