PDA

View Full Version : Vaccination Arm

Tom Bender
03-25-2021, 9:40 AM
Don't get your Covid Vaccination in your toilet paper arm.

Lee DeRaud
03-25-2021, 11:17 AM
I still had enough range-of-motion to handle the one "left-handed" bathroom in my house (the only one downstairs). But yeah, went with non-dominant arm, forgetting that I mostly sleep on that side, so it woke me up every time I rolled onto it.

Thought about doing right arm on the second dose, until it dawned on me that the reason I sleep left-side-down is probably because the right side has the marginal rotator cuff. :(

Mike Henderson
03-25-2021, 11:48 AM
I didn't have much pain at the injection site. Not enough to wake me up if I slept on that arm. Same for both shots - didn't react much to either shot.

However, I have a friend who had a strong reaction to the second shot.

Mike

[Added: Moderna vaccine]

Stan Calow
03-25-2021, 11:51 AM
Every vaccinator I know will tell you that arm soreness from any shot comes from having your arm muscles too tense during the injection. I made sure mine was relaxed and I felt no soreness. Didn't feel the needle at all, actually. Its just human nature to tense up when you see it coming.

Bruce King
03-25-2021, 12:03 PM
We got the J and J for several reasons, it’s hard to find an appointment here for anything, it’s 100 percent effective at keeping you out of the hospital and I’m coming off immunotherapy so we were worried about the Pfizer one especially. My wife had no side effects much but a very sore arm and I had zero arm problems but very tired and achy for 12 days out of 14. I’m out cutting up the bottom 13ft of a tree today.

Steve Wurster
03-25-2021, 12:23 PM
Don't get your Covid Vaccination in your toilet paper arm.

What if that arm isn't your dominant arm? LOL

I agree with Stan's comment: Keep your muscles relaxed when getting the shot and the injection site shouldn't hurt too much. I've only gotten the first shot so far (yesterday, in fact), and it didn't hurt at all until I went to bed and laid on that side. And even then it only hurt a little and I don't even think I rolled off of it right away. It's a tiny bit sore right now.

Various family members have had different reactions to the second shot, but some have gotten Moderna while others got Pfizer. I got the latter, so will be interesting to see what happens with the second shot next month.

Nathan Johnson
03-25-2021, 12:32 PM
I chose my dominant arm for moderna dose 1 yesterday.
I woke up at 3:00 am feeling like I had a bone bruise. Not terrible, but noticeable.
Feels better today.

Erik Loza
03-25-2021, 12:34 PM
They told me to keep working the muscle and using the arm as much as possible. The first shot (Pfizer) made me about as sore as a tetanus booster with very minor fatigue the next afternoon. The second dose kept me in bed for about half a day with fever, aches, strong fatigue.

Erik

Thomas Wilson
03-25-2021, 12:42 PM
I got the 2nd Pfizer last Thursday (3/19) and had mild symptoms, not enough to affect toilet paper usage. The following Monday (3 days) we were feeling pretty good about being able to get out again. We went for supper at a restaurant within walking distance and sat on the patio enjoying the return to normal life. Monday I had a scratchy throat, Tuesday felt worse with aches all over and a cough, Wednesday ran a pretty high fever, (peaked at 102 with Advil) and had congestion and a cough. Today I am on the mend. I don’t know if I had a delayed reaction to the vaccination, spring allergies morphing into upper respiratory infection, or actual COVID. Whatever it was, I got to watch a lot of women’s basketball.

Tom B and all others might want to consider putting the TP on the floor in front of your good arm. And, don’t test your luck getting out too soon.

Tom M King
03-25-2021, 12:49 PM
Every vaccinator I know will tell you that arm soreness from any shot comes from having your arm muscles too tense during the injection. I made sure mine was relaxed and I felt no soreness. Didn't feel the needle at all, actually. Its just human nature to tense up when you see it coming.

I was going to post exactly the same thing. It was about like a mosquito bite, to me, without the itching. My Wife, my 104 year old Mother, and I had absolutely no side effects from the Moderna vaccines.

Lee DeRaud
03-25-2021, 1:07 PM
Every vaccinator I know will tell you that arm soreness from any shot comes from having your arm muscles too tense during the injection. I made sure mine was relaxed and I felt no soreness. Didn't feel the needle at all, actually. Its just human nature to tense up when you see it coming.I've had years of weekly allergy shots at various stages of my life, so I don't tense up at needles. In any case, this wasn't muscle pain, it was joint pain in the shoulder, several inches up from the injection site.

Oddly enough, that shoulder was pretty much the only thing that didn't hurt after the second shot: that one beat me up good most of the next day. My theory is that the second shot reacts with antibodies from the first shot.

(Moderna, if anyone is keeping track.)

Erik Loza
03-25-2021, 1:37 PM
Medical Doctor explaining why the second dose is an a**-kicker:
https://youtu.be/0wCR-mAFjW4

My wife had a very similar response to mine but hers was Moderna.

Erik

Stephen Tashiro
03-25-2021, 1:39 PM

I had the same experience. In fact, I wondered if the pharmacist actually gave me an injection - speculated on the good conspiracy theory that I am in a experiment where half the participants don't really get a shot.

Lisa Starr
03-25-2021, 1:39 PM
I received the Pfizer vaccine. 1st dose was just a sore arm for about 24 hours. Second dose was Tuesday. Minimal pain and I felt fine both that day and the following. Now two days out I'm pretty fatigued, but IDK if the vaccine has anything to do with it. I have problems with fatigue much of the time.

Nathan Johnson
03-25-2021, 1:53 PM
I got the 2nd Pfizer last Thursday (3/19) and had mild symptoms, not enough to affect toilet paper usage. The following Monday (3 days) we were feeling pretty good about being able to get out again. We went for supper at a restaurant within walking distance and sat on the patio enjoying the return to normal life. Monday I had a scratchy throat, Tuesday felt worse with aches all over and a cough, Wednesday ran a pretty high fever, (peaked at 102 with Advil) and had congestion and a cough. Today I am on the mend. I don’t know if I had a delayed reaction to the vaccination, spring allergies morphing into upper respiratory infection, or actual COVID. Whatever it was, I got to watch a lot of women’s basketball.

Tom B and all others might want to consider putting the TP on the floor in front of your good arm. And, don’t test your luck getting out too soon.

3 to 8 days after vaccine to develop symptoms is not uncommon.

Bruce Page
03-25-2021, 4:18 PM
I received my second Pfizer shot last Saturday. Sunday I felt like a zombie with a sore arm. I was at 60% Monday, and back to normal on Tuesday.

Lee Schierer
03-25-2021, 7:42 PM
My arm was fine the day after the first phizer shot. 12 hours after the second dose I developed a 102 temperature that I was able to knock down to 101 with some tylenol. the temp stayed at 101 for 24 hours before it broke. After that I was fine.

Bruce Wrenn
03-25-2021, 9:07 PM
Received second Pfizer dose a month ago this past Tuesday. On day following second dose, felt fatigued. Other than that all was well. Being a blood donor (10 gallons + ,) needles don't bother me

Ronald Blue
03-25-2021, 9:27 PM
My arm was really sore for a couple days. It wasn't from tensing up either. I barely knew when the needle was inserted. Besides I am used to being stuck with needles. I was achy the next day but not bad. I get the 2nd Moderna in a week. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

John K Jordan
03-25-2021, 11:39 PM

Both my dr and nurse said tensing may cause more pain during an injection so I have the long habit of relaxing and letting my arm hang loose. Nothing was said about tensed muscle causing soreness after the injection. I'll have to ask about that.

I was told arm soreness from the Covid-19 shot was a normal potential side affect. The CDC says this:
"In most cases, discomfort from pain or fever is a normal sign that your body is building protection."

In my case I had arm soreness the evening of the first Pfizer shot.

For the second shot I had no arm soreness but a headache the morning following and took two Tyenol as per my doctor. (He said to not use ibuprofin.) No fever. My gastro doctor said he had a fever for two days and took nothing.

JKJ

Ron Selzer
03-26-2021, 12:00 AM
got the Pfizer shot on 2/2/2021, second shot three weeks later neither one hurt and no side effects apparent, both in right arm
did end up in the emergency room later on 2/2 and my right arm went completely limp on 2/4/2021. However that was due to a nerve block so my right index finger could be cut open and a tendon repaired. Cut the tendon working in the basement shop 1/28/2021 thought I had the bleeding stopped and full range of motion so no need to get it looked at. Shoveled snow for 2 hours+ on 2/2/2021 and my right index finger went straight, could not bend it. I then went and got first shot and was advised to go to emergency room to get my finger looked at. 2/3/2021 saw the hand doc, 2/4/2021 he repaired the tendon Wore a splint from 2/4/2021 to today. Now need to start using it again and getting it to bend.
Ron

John K Jordan
03-26-2021, 1:12 AM
... 2/3/2021 saw the hand doc, 2/4/2021 he repaired the tendon Wore a splint from 2/4/2021 to today. Now need to start using it again and getting it to bend.
Ron

Oh my, hope the hand recovers completely, and soon! Hearing of things like this make me thankful once again that we have access to such medical care.

JKJ

Aaron Rosenthal
03-26-2021, 1:37 AM
Wife and I got it today, Moderna. Toilet paper arm, but we’ll see.
‘Course, if we had one o’them bidets, we wouldn’t have this thread.

Brian Deakin
03-26-2021, 5:13 AM
I live in the United Kingdom

I had the AstraZeneca vaccine and had no side effects at all I even barley felt the needle

Dan Hunkele
03-26-2021, 9:17 AM
Wife and I got it today, Moderna. Toilet paper arm, but we’ll see.
‘Course, if we had one o’them bidets, we wouldn’t have this thread.

Last year at this time we had a hard time finding toilet paper.

I had a sore arm after both Pfizer shots but nothing to whine to mom about.

Dave Sheldrake
03-28-2021, 3:23 PM
I'm in UK

Wife had Pfizer - not too much of side effect, a bit rough
Me - AstraZeneca - real rough for 24 hours (I had covid at Christmas and ended up in hospital so feeling bad from the Vax was like a walk in the park compared to actual covid)
Daughter (oldest) - AstraZeneca - Thought she was going to die :) rough as hell for 24 hours
Daughter (second oldest) - Rough, high temps, general feeling bad.

cheers Dave

Rod Sheridan
03-29-2021, 8:43 AM
I live in the United Kingdom

I had the AstraZeneca vaccine and had no side effects at all I even barley felt the needle

I live in Canada, same vaccine, same effect. My second injection is scheduled for July 4........Rod.

Brian Elfert
03-30-2021, 10:28 PM
I was lucky enough to get randomly selected for the vaccine with an appointment for this Saturday. I am right handed so I will probably chose my left arm. The only bad part is I was planning a trip in late April, but they only offered April 24th for my second shot which was the day I was planning to leave. I postponed the trip by a week.

Ronald Blue
03-30-2021, 11:29 PM
I'm in UK

Wife had Pfizer - not too much of side effect, a bit rough
Me - AstraZeneca - real rough for 24 hours (I had covid at Christmas and ended up in hospital so feeling bad from the Vax was like a walk in the park compared to actual covid)
Daughter (oldest) - AstraZeneca - Thought she was going to die :) rough as hell for 24 hours
Daughter (second oldest) - Rough, high temps, general feeling bad.

cheers Dave

Dave, I too had the Covid and ended up in the hospital with it at the end of November. I agree the shot is minor compared to the real thing. I get the 2nd Moderna in 3 days. We shall see how it goes. No fever but achy the next day with sore arm. Needles don't bother me. In fact I had an IV today for surgery. But also a long time blood/platelet donor. About 22 gallons now.

Mike Henderson
03-30-2021, 11:34 PM
I was lucky enough to get randomly selected for the vaccine with an appointment for this Saturday. I am right handed so I will probably chose my left arm. The only bad part is I was planning a trip in late April, but they only offered April 24th for my second shot which was the day I was planning to leave. I postponed the trip by a week.

Congratulations on your "luck of the draw". I hope you don't have a strong reaction (I didn't).

Getting vaccinated will change your outlook - you won't be as anxious.

Mike

Kev Williams
04-02-2021, 11:59 AM
Wife and I got our first Moderna yesterday, at a grocery store pharmacy. We shopped afterward for a few things. We both noticed a very slight full-body 'thing' going on, but that lasted maybe an hour. I produced not a drop of blood, the wife's arm bled for hours before it stopped, her weird round bandage was soaked. That was it, neither of us had/has a hint of a sore arm. She gets shots yearly, this was my first needle-in-the-arm since the 1976 swine flu, and that wasn't even a needle, they used those air rifles back then. THAT one hurt, and I was sick as a dog for the rest of that day...

Ronald Blue
04-02-2021, 8:55 PM
Got the 2nd shot this afternoon. So far so good. Moderna

Walter Plummer
04-02-2021, 9:36 PM
I'm late to the thread but I had both shots with no problems at all. Moderna for me .

Jon Nuckles
04-02-2021, 9:50 PM
Received my second Pfizer this afternoon. Only side effect so far is a headache. That lasted a couple of days with the first dose. Well worth it, IMHO.

lowell holmes
04-09-2021, 7:21 PM
Lee,
Why is there a red dot on my screen that take me to a news channel when I click it?

Is that something SMC puts on there or is it a virus on my computer.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2021, 8:13 PM
My wife and I had the Moderna vaccine and both vaccinations. We had a minor sore arm each time and that was it.

Brian Elfert
04-09-2021, 8:54 PM
I got the 1st Pfizer shot last Saturday. After a couple of hours my arm hurt at the injection site if I lifted my arm above my shoulder, or reached way out with my arm. No other issues.

Lee DeRaud
04-11-2021, 7:32 PM
Lee,
Why is there a red dot on my screen that take me to a news channel when I click it?

Is that something SMC puts on there or is it a virus on my computer.It's the status indicator for the nanochips Microsoft embedded in your COVID shot.
It'll turn green when the second batch goes active.

Ronald Blue
04-12-2021, 9:17 AM
It's the status indicator for the nanochips Microsoft embedded in your COVID shot.
It'll turn green when the second batch goes active.

Good one Lee. Gotta run the aliens just came for me.......

Tom M King
04-12-2021, 3:17 PM
My largest side effect was Relief!

Bill McNiel
04-21-2021, 9:15 PM
Linda & I both had the Pfizer, second dose a month ago for her, three weeks ago for me. Getting a confirmed appointment was an absolute S*** show but the inoculation site was incredibly well managed and efficient (30 minutes from arrival on site to departure including the 15 minute wait after receiving the shot).

She had some pain after the first but the second dose knocked her down with fever & pain for three days.

I have a deep fear of needles and informed everyone of that reality and they handled me with care. I had absolutely no pain from the injection or reaction to either shot.

Can't begin to adequately communicate the piece of mind I now have after receiving both vaccinations but the change in attitude from our Federal Government may have had some effect on my mental state.

Nathan Johnson
04-21-2021, 9:29 PM
Moderna #2 in my dominant (right) arm. I'm a left side sleeper.

Anecdotally, everyone I know that had #2 around my age had nasty side effects for a day or two. I guess we'll see.

Doug Dawson
04-22-2021, 2:58 AM
Moderna #2 in my dominant (right) arm. I'm a left side sleeper.

Anecdotally, everyone I know that had #2 around my age had nasty side effects for a day or two. I guess we'll see.
After my second Moderna shot, I had a sore arm and a slight malaise (IOW, the same as any other day.) Being retired, maybe I notice it more.

Nathan Johnson
04-22-2021, 9:05 AM
After my second Moderna shot, I had a sore arm and a slight malaise (IOW, the same as any other day.) Being retired, maybe I notice it more.

Sitrep:
I slept 7 hours and it may as well have been 7 minutes. It's like fall asleep standing up level tired right now.
My neck hurts.
It feels like someone poured wet cement in my head. I feel very foggy and slow and stupid. (I mean, more than is typical.)
I'm 39, for whatever it's worth.

All that said, much happier to deal with this for a short while than roll the dice on a covid infection.

Mike Henderson
04-22-2021, 11:27 AM
Sitrep:

All that said, much happier to deal with this for a short while than roll the dice on a covid infection.

That's my belief. COVID can kill you or give you long lasting negative health effects. The vaccination shot effects are short term. And some people have essentially no effects - I didn't.

Mike

Erik Loza
04-22-2021, 11:55 AM
For those who are above age 50, I found the Shingles vaccine (two doses, like Moderna/Pfizer) to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse as far as side effects. Felt like my left side had been hit by a car on both first and second dose. I just read that for those of us who received Pfizer, a third booster will likely be required within a year. Hopefully, we'll just be able to walk into a local Walgreens or CVS and get it on the spot.

Erik

John K Jordan
04-22-2021, 12:21 PM
For those who are above age 50, I found the Shingles vaccine (two doses, like Moderna/Pfizer) to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse as far as side effects. Felt like my left side had been hit by a car on both first and second dose. ...

Apparently side effects vary considerably among individuals. My wife and I got both shingles vaccinations some years ago when we were about 65 - no noticeable side effects. Our youngest son got his first a few weeks ago and also had no reaction. Perhaps the difference is related to genetics.

JKJ

Erik Loza
04-22-2021, 12:26 PM
Apparently side effects vary considerably among individuals. My wife and I got both shingles vaccinations some years ago when we were about 65 - no noticeable side effects. Our youngest son got his first a few weeks ago and also had no reaction. Perhaps the difference is related to genetics.

JKJ

John, I'm sure you are right. The second Covid dose wasn't fun but Shingrix was a lot worse than we thought (seriously: I couldn't raise my left arm above my head for days). Maybe it was just a matter of expectation? In any event, glad to have both onboard.

Erik

Marc Fenneuff
04-22-2021, 1:14 PM
No real side effect from the first shot. Second shot was this past Tuesday evening and 30 hours later (4am last night) I woke up aching from my toes to my eyballs. One Aleve fixed me up.

Mike Henderson
04-22-2021, 1:22 PM
For those who are above age 50, I found the Shingles vaccine (two doses, like Moderna/Pfizer) to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse as far as side effects. Felt like my left side had been hit by a car on both first and second dose. I just read that for those of us who received Pfizer, a third booster will likely be required within a year. Hopefully, we'll just be able to walk into a local Walgreens or CVS and get it on the spot.

Erik

I had that vaccination, also, and had no side effects except a sore arm.

Mike

David Lageman
04-22-2021, 1:39 PM
Second Moderna shot yesterday. A sore arm and a headache and I'm at the office. If not for the sore arm, you could call it a normal Thursday!

As others mentioned, it's odd how it effects people so differently. Judging by family and friends, I actually expected to be knocked out today but alas...

Bert McMahan
04-22-2021, 1:43 PM
Sore arm for me for both Moderna shots and got pretty tired after the second one, but was back to normal in a day. My wife got J&J and she got some bad nausea for about a week but she's fine now.

John M Wilson
04-22-2021, 7:11 PM
For those who are above age 50, I found the Shingles vaccine (two doses, like Moderna/Pfizer) to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse as far as side effects.

Agreed! For me, side effects from the 2nd Moderna shot were fatigue, achiness, and a mild fever during the night (in addition to the sore arm). Side effects from the 2nd Shingrix rivaled some of the most awesome hangovers I have ever had:eek:, and my arm felt like I had been hit with a baseball bat.

In both cases, no matter how dramatic the side effects felt at the time, the benefits of not contracting the disease far outweigh the temporary discomfort.

Matt Day
04-22-2021, 9:38 PM
Second Moderna shot today around noon. Just a sore arm so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way! 10-12 hours after the shot is supposed to be when any side effects kick in. Hoping to sleep through it! Lol

Ronald Blue
04-22-2021, 10:23 PM
I was a little achy after both shots and arm was pretty sore for about 3 days. (Moderna) I did have Covid as some of you know and it was a pretty tough time. No respirator but 8 days in the hospital with Covid pneumonia. So the shot was never in doubt for me. I don't ever want to deal with it again. The good news is the scarring in lungs that I had in January has healed and my lungs are now clear. So I feel blessed there.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-22-2021, 10:28 PM
I was a little achy after both shots and arm was pretty sore for about 3 days. (Moderna) I did have Covid as some of you know and it was a pretty tough time. No respirator but 8 days in the hospital with Covid pneumonia. So the shot was never in doubt for me. I don't ever want to deal with it again. The good news is the scarring in lungs that I had in January has healed and my lungs are now clear. So I feel blessed there.

Very happy for your recovery Ronald!

Mike Henderson
04-23-2021, 4:49 PM
Every now and then I read about someone who had a double lung transplant because of COVID. When you look up the 50% survival rate for lung transplants, it's only about 6 years (50% of the people who had a double lung transplant will be dead in 6 years - one or two may live 20 years).

Mike

Wade Lippman
04-23-2021, 9:20 PM
I had the same experience. In fact, I wondered if the pharmacist actually gave me an injection - speculated on the good conspiracy theory that I am in a experiment where half the participants don't really get a shot.

A bunch of people at a drugstore in North Carolina (or something like that) got saline instead of vaccine. I had no reaction to either and I figure I must have gotten saline. I guess I will know for sure in a year or two.

Wade Lippman
04-23-2021, 9:24 PM

JKJ

There are two shingles vaccines. The old one has no reaction, but it also doesn't work. If you haven't had the new one, you should look into it.

John K Jordan
04-23-2021, 9:50 PM
There are two shingles vaccines. The old one has no reaction, but it also doesn't work. If you haven't had the new one, you should look into it.

Thanks. I don’t know the difference but my Dr said he was only giving the new vaccine.

Joe Mioux
04-24-2021, 8:30 AM
At Christmas, I tested positive for Covid.

Last week in March and this past Thursday, I received the moderna shots.

My wife same timeline.

We both got sick after each moderna shot. I left work at 1 yesterday, came home and sat/dozed in the recliner the rest of the day.

This morning my left-non-dominat arm is still very sore as it was almost all day yesterday.

During the first shot, the nurse pinched my arm prior to injecting me. he pinched my arm the entire time during the shot. I thought that was a bit odd.

The shots' reactions were about the same as my covid illness.

Matt Day
04-24-2021, 8:48 AM
My first shot was at the end of March and I had a sore arm for a day or two. My second shot was on Thursday and have the same sore arm, and felt fatigued the day after. Basically took a nap, didn’t exercise, and did less stuff around the house. Feel fine today with a less-sore arm than yesterday.

I’d do it every day if it meant being vaccinated from this awful disease. Get your vaccine!!!

Andrew Joiner
04-24-2021, 6:53 PM
I've been fully vaccinated for 10 days with no side effects. What a relief and I felt protected.
In the last 3 days 4 fully vaccinated extended family members I've been around had 24 hr Flu symptoms. Then I got sick with the same symptoms for a day.
I called my Doctor just to be safe. I told him about my family having 24 hr symptoms and all of us being fully vaccinated. He said "the recommendations are to isolate and get tested if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms even if your fully vaccinated!

John K Jordan
04-24-2021, 6:58 PM
I've been fully vaccinated for 10 days with no side effects. What a relief and I felt protected.
In the last 3 days 4 fully vaccinated extended family members I've been around had 24 hr Flu symptoms. Then I got sick with the same symptoms for a day.
I called my Doctor just to be safe. I told him about my family having 24 hr symptoms and all of us being fully vaccinated. He said "the recommendations are to isolate and get tested if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms even if your fully vaccinated!

I have a friend who is fighting an annoying cold that started some weeks after her 2nd shot. She did just what your Dr said - got tested for covid right away and is staying away from others.

Jon Nuckles
04-24-2021, 8:04 PM
For those who are above age 50, I found the Shingles vaccine (two doses, like Moderna/Pfizer) to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse as far as side effects. Felt like my left side had been hit by a car on both first and second dose.
Erik

The Shingrix (2 dose shingles vaccine) knocked me down hard both times. WAY worse than the Pfizer shots for COVID-19 for me. I had a headache and sore arm for a couple of days from that, but really not bad.

Andrew Joiner
04-24-2021, 8:10 PM
John your friend and I are being extra cautious.
0.007% of the 84 million Americans that are fully vaccinated have tested positive for covid. That's about 6000 people.
My Doctor says many covid cases have only mild cold symptoms. It's hard to believe fully vaccinated people still need to isolate and be tested if they experience any mild symptoms.

Matt Day
04-24-2021, 9:35 PM
Remember it takes 2 weeks after the second shot for you’re body to be able to fully fight the disease.

Curt Harms
04-25-2021, 10:38 AM
John, I'm sure you are right. The second Covid dose wasn't fun but Shingrix was a lot worse than we thought (seriously: I couldn't raise my left arm above my head for days). Maybe it was just a matter of expectation? In any event, glad to have both onboard.

Erik

I had the 2 dose shingles vaccine no unpleasant side effect. Just had 1 of 2 Pfizer Covid, about 3 minutes after getting the injection I experienced some dizziness, it lasted about 90 minutes. I also felt some mental fog for want of a better term. My arm is still a little bit sore at the injection site after 3 days. I wonder if people that have sensitive immune systems - prone to allergies, that sort of thing are more likely to have stronger reactions to the COVID vaccine.

Curt Harms
04-25-2021, 10:48 AM
A bunch of people at a drugstore in North Carolina (or something like that) got saline instead of vaccine. I had no reaction to either and I figure I must have gotten saline. I guess I will know for sure in a year or two.

I'd be skeptical about that. Unless the people involved consented to be part of a trial and knew the deal, I'd think some personal injury law firm will be buying new houses/boats/airplanes.

John K Jordan
04-25-2021, 11:32 AM
I'd be skeptical about that. Unless the people involved consented to be part of a trial and knew the deal, I'd think some personal injury law firm will be buying new houses/boats/airplanes.

News reports indicated it was at a Walgreens in Monroe, NC. According to this Walgreens contacted the people and all returned to get the correct injection.
https://www.wdbj7.com/2021/04/19/some-received-saline-shot-rather-than-covid-19-vaccine-at-walgreens-in-nc/

Apparently, a quantity of saline solution is normally drawn into a syringe as a diluent before the Pfizer vaccine is added. The first guess is someone forgot to add the vaccine.

JKJ

Kev Williams
04-29-2021, 3:42 PM
So the wife & I just had our 2nd Moderna poke exactly 3-1/2 hours ago. Other than the same slight, short-lived rush (apprehension or medical caused, who knows) a few minutes after our 1st shots, zero side effects so far. The wife had a sore arm after the first shot, nothing today. Like nothing happened both times for me... :)

Lee DeRaud
04-29-2021, 5:55 PM
So the wife & I just had our 2nd Moderna poke exactly 3-1/2 hours ago. Other than the same slight, short-lived rush (apprehension or medical caused, who knows) a few minutes after our 1st shots, zero side effects so far. The wife had a sore arm after the first shot, nothing today. Like nothing happened both times for me... :)Good luck with that. :)

My reaction to Moderna #2, albeit fairly mild, didn't kick in until about 10-12 hours after the shot and lasted about 18 hours after that. (Nicely timed, given that it hit shortly before bedtime so I slept through a good chunk of it.) The odd bit is that the only reaction to the first shot (arm/shoulder pain) was completely missing on shot #2. But it also felt like the second shot went in an inch or two further up the arm...go figure.

Kev Williams
04-30-2021, 1:32 AM
I'm still working, and will be 'til about 1:30, it's 11:24pm as I type this, so 13-1/2 hours later, still nothing unusual, thankfully. Chatted with the wife about an hour ago, she didn't mention any issues either...

I'll consider ourselves lucky :)

Bruce Page
04-30-2021, 1:16 PM
As I said in a post earlier, the second Pfizer shot turned me into a sore armed zombie the next day. Not sick, just blah. The second shot didn’t bother my wife at all.
The Shingrix shingles vaccine didn’t bother either one of us.