PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt MBF 248 clolumn

Daniel Kluk
03-21-2021, 9:49 AM
was having trouble with setting my CL RAS Table. Found out the column was bolted with four bolts to the steel frame. Well the back 2 bolts are locke throught he outside frame ,all the same height. While the front 2 bolts are a .080" (metal thickness), lower just because of the construction. I haven't shimmed it up yet , still lookinf=g for enough material to go around the column base plate. Is this a assembly problem? It is hard to imagine thie saw bought in the 50's was used badly. I can't set the blade to cut front to back w/o it hitting the front of the table.

Earl McLain
03-21-2021, 1:17 PM
There was a change in the frame on the MBF's at some point, needing bracing to make it more solid--but i don't think that happened until the 1960's. Might want to check on the Dewalt RAS group on Delphi Forums--some of those folks have rebuilt almost every year of those saws. Kind of like OWWM for Dewalt Radial Arm Saws. I've got a 1957 GWI, but have been thinking about adding an MBF for my basement turning shop.
Good luck!!
earl

Daniel Kluk
03-21-2021, 6:12 PM
There was a change in the frame on the MBF's at some point, needing bracing to make it more solid--but i don't think that happened until the 1960's. Might want to check on the Dewalt RAS group on Delphi Forums--some of those folks have rebuilt almost every year of those saws. Kind of like OWWM for Dewalt Radial Arm Saws. I've got a 1957 GWI, but have been thinking about adding an MBF for my basement turning shop.
Good luck!!
earl

Thankyou will check that site

steve swantee
03-21-2021, 9:08 PM
These came from the factory with a washer under the two front bolts, between the base of the column and the frame to level the saw. They must have been removed at some point.

Daniel Kluk
03-22-2021, 4:37 AM
These came from the factory with a washer under the two front bolts, between the base of the column and the frame to level the saw. They must have been removed at some point.

Mine had an obvious metal thickness difference .Thanks for the reply. Fellow at Delphi said the same thing about the washers.