PDA

View Full Version : Fusion 360

Alex Zeller
03-16-2021, 4:00 PM
Is the free version an on-line service or a program you can download? If it's on-line does anyone know how much data it uses? I'm limited to using my cell phone for data in my shop so I would prefer to have a program on a laptop vs connecting to the internet.

Jeff Ramsey
03-16-2021, 5:07 PM
I don't know how much data it uses but it's pretty pokey when it starts on my i7 HP laptop. The files are stored online in Autodesk's cloud, and locally in a temporary cache but they eventually get deleted from the cache. I'd prefer an option to permanently store locally, but I haven't seen it in Fusion.

Alex Zeller
03-16-2021, 6:15 PM
I'm not even sure if I can use it. I have a personal account but I also have an account through the place I work for under my name. I don't ever seed myself doing enough with a CNC to justify paying a monthly fee.

Jeff Ramsey
03-16-2021, 6:22 PM
I just use the free version and deal with the pokey startup and save when it goes to the cloud.

David Falkner
03-17-2021, 7:52 AM
The program itself resides on your computer. If it's a slow computer then F360 will be slow to load. Your files are stored in the cloud but you have the option to store them locally, as well; I do both.

David

Alex Zeller
03-17-2021, 12:46 PM
I did install it. The "teams" concept made me think the files are on the cloud. I'll play with it some and see if I like it.

David Falkner
03-17-2021, 8:56 PM
They're appealing to remote workers and offices doing collaborations where file sharing and multiple folks are working on the same file. It's a cool feature but I work by myself in my own little space so that part doesn't matter to me.

David