PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DWE7485 help with riving knife

Vjekoslav Vacenovski
03-13-2021, 4:53 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm a new member. Woodworking is my dream hobby and finally it is beginning to come true.

I got myself a beginner table saw - DeWalt dwe7482. It's likely an European version, so it is probably slightly different from US version. DeWalt is expensive here in Croatia (import costs and whatnot). It's about 770$ in Croatia. However, I got mine for a much better deal, I ordered from Poland for 550$.

Anyways, I tried to replace the riving knife with a blade guard without checking out the manual first. I know, stupid of me.

So, instead of loosening the knob, I unscrewed the little screw on the right side.
Then I realized that was unnecessary, all I had to do was turn the knob and pull on it to unlock the riving knife. I've put the little screw back on, but the riving knife knob can only be pulled. It wont turn at all. I can't tighten the riving knife at all. It sits inside the slot, but it's wobbly

Does anyone know actually what can I do here? Or should I send it to a repair shop? I don't want to use the saw without the blade guard or riving knife at least. I like having all my fingers.
Recorded short vid, sorry for bad quality, did it in a hurry.

https://vimeo.com/523032660

ps. English isn't my 1st language. I meant to ask at the end of the vid - Should I hand it over to a repair shop or can I fix this myself? Basically, the problem is that I cant tighten the riving knife. :)

Any help is highly appreciated! Thank you!