PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Lazy Susan....pic

Dennis Peacock
01-07-2006, 5:28 PM
Well, I finally got enough time off from work to post a few items I did for the LOML's Christmas presents. This one is a Black Walnut Lazy Susan that I made for her. Mark Cothren made the bottom from a scrap piece of walnut I gave him for a platter from the LOHL. Thanks Mark!!!!!

The platter is 14" in diameter and the entire piece sits 3" high. Finish is Tung Oil and then slightly French Polished with Blonde Shellac.

Oh, the wood was in a burn pile at the sawmill that were offcuts from lumber milled there. I stored the offcuts for a few years inside the shop, and man, these boards are yeilding some nice wood. :)

Bernie Weishapl
01-07-2006, 6:21 PM
Very nice Dennis. Beautiful work.

Bob Noles
01-07-2006, 7:23 PM
For Heaven's sake Dennis, I post a lousy pen and look what you come along with :D

Man, that is some awesome stock for sure. You folks have sure got me looking at trees and wood in a whole new light. That is some beautiful work Dennis and I am sure the wife is beaming with joy.

Thanks for sharing.

Michael Stafford
01-07-2006, 8:18 PM
Another nice piece, Dennis. I am glad you have finally got some more spinny time.:D

Dick Parr
01-07-2006, 8:22 PM
Wow, that's great team work on that piece.;)

Travis Stinson
01-07-2006, 8:30 PM
That's some nice looking Walnut. Great job on the project.:cool:

Chris Barton
01-07-2006, 8:49 PM
Dennis, I am always amazed by the quality of yoour work!

John Hart
01-07-2006, 9:05 PM
Very cool idea and wonderful execution. I love all the colors in the walnut!

Bill Stevener
01-07-2006, 9:11 PM
Great looking Lazy susan. Not everyone has an appreciation for walnut, however ever since a young lad it has always been the wood that I have admired the most of all of our nations woods. It can show its true color and hold it for a long time. Other wood species have some nice features, however, walnut can produce some spectacular images. I have a number of pieces, unturned, not in any furniture form, or anything, just finished pcs. of wood that reflect images that look like photos.
Nice work,
Bill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Ernie Nyvall
01-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Oh, that is some nice wood Dennis and you did it right.

Ernie

Andy Hoyt
01-07-2006, 11:33 PM
In years past I never liked walnut all that much, but that notion was primarily conceived while looking at flatwork. Seeing so much of it in the round now is beginning to change that.

Nice one, Dennis.

Keith Burns
01-08-2006, 5:00 PM
Thats a winner Dennis. Love to see that Arkansas Round:) :)