PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts Gloat! Official photos included.....

Ken Fitzgerald
01-07-2006, 3:32 PM
I could have posted this in the General Woodworking forum but it's got some music CDs I also received for Christmas.........Tage Frid 3 hardbound book set plus Cd.......Gary Rogowski....The Complete Illustrated Guide to Joinery.......Great Finishes Jeff Jewitt.......and others.......I'm listening to Dire Straits....as I create this thread......I must have been a good boy!

Bruce Page
01-07-2006, 4:25 PM
Ken, it looks like you have some reading to do! Congrats!

Dennis Peacock
01-07-2006, 5:24 PM
Congrats Ken..!!!! You're gonna like those books AND the music CD's. Some of us weren't as good as you have been. Maybe next year. ;) :D

Tyler Howell
01-07-2006, 5:24 PM
No stopping you now Ken

John Miliunas
01-07-2006, 5:41 PM
Wow! Great haul, Ken!!! I've got a few you show there but, that joinery book is really one to dive into right up to your neck! Some magnificent examples in there! Way to go!:) :cool:

Cecil Arnold
01-07-2006, 5:46 PM
Ken, where's the Bill Gumbine CD on turning? Tick, tick, tick.

Jim Becker
01-07-2006, 6:33 PM
I have and like the Joinery book...the pictures really can help you think about how things (can) go together! So many options...

Nice holiday haul!

Matt Meiser
01-07-2006, 7:22 PM
I have most of those books and have found them all to be worthwhile reading.

Forrest Price
01-15-2006, 3:06 PM
Hey Ken, congratulations! Now, have you got a lathe yet? If not, and you want some turning time, drop me a line. As a fellow Lewistonian, I'd be happy to give you some time on my temporary lathe.
I just had a shop fire last month, and am in the process of rebuilding, so for now, I have a Delta midi setup in the carport until I can get the new shop up and the others lathed repaired. I have a Powermatic 3520A and a Jet VS1018 to get fixed, then there will be enough for everyone!
You're welcome anytime, drop me a line.

Forrest

Ken Fitzgerald
01-15-2006, 7:30 PM
Forrest.........Thanks for the offer. I wouldn't know heads from tails on a lathe. Believe me when I say, I think to be a complete woodworker, one needs to know how to use those spinny things and I hope to have one someday. Right now, I want to get my shop finished, get a bandsaw, a new jointer and then dust collection. Once those are purchased, I intend on getting a lathe. Thanks again for the offer.

How's your rebuilding coming? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Again....Thanks!

John Miliunas
01-15-2006, 7:58 PM
Forrest.........Thanks for the offer. I wouldn't know heads from tails on a lathe. Believe me when I say, I think to be a complete woodworker, one needs to know how to use those spinny things and I hope to have one someday. Right now, I want to get my shop finished, get a bandsaw, a new jointer and then dust collection. Once those are purchased, I intend on getting a lathe. Thanks again for the offer.

How's your rebuilding coming? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Again....Thanks!

Yeah, but, but, but Ken...Once you have a lathe, the rest of those "things" become secondary! Well OK, I guess a BS is handy for lathe work, too, but me thinks you've got your priorities a bit skewed! (Yes, pun intended!!!:D ) :) :cool:

Frank Pellow
01-15-2006, 10:02 PM
That looks like a great set of books Ken. I have not read any of them, but I expect that I would enjoy reading every one of them.