PDA

View Full Version : Double GLOAT!

Bob Winkler
01-07-2006, 3:27 PM
One of the best things about this hobby and this forum is not only the tools, tips, and projects, but you sometimes meet some of the best people, and get to call them a friend.

I claim a double gloat by just unloading 500 bd ft. of maple, and doing it with a wonderful person and friend, Lou Sansone. Not only did Lou rescue me when I couldn't find his house (stupid me :confused: ), but he helped load/unload and deliver the wood using his flatbed truck. Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty.:) Not to mention selling a lot of good wood at a very fair price.

Attached is the obligatory pic taken before we unloaded the truck. We actually looked much better after unlaoding ;) ;) .

Thanks Lou.

Bob

Ken Fitzgerald
01-07-2006, 3:35 PM
Truly a Gloat! There are a lot of Creekers I'd like meet face to face!

Roy Wall
01-07-2006, 3:42 PM
Well done fellas!!!

Good friends make the world a better place.......nice post!!

tod evans
01-07-2006, 3:45 PM
nice post bob

lou sansone
01-07-2006, 4:07 PM
I had fun too.. bob took some wood off my hands to clear out a space so I can put more wood in there so I can then sell it so I can clear out that space so I can put more wood in there:) . Man I am making myself dizzy

lou

Bruce Page
01-07-2006, 4:20 PM
Bob, nice gloat. What's that white stuff on the ground? :p

Corey Hallagan
01-07-2006, 5:07 PM
Congrats Bob, great load of wood and Lou very cool of you to give Bob a hand like that! Just typical SMC folks doing what they do!

Corey

Tyler Howell
01-07-2006, 5:15 PM
Ahhhh! the talented and mysterious Lou is revealed.
Finally a face with name...... Shop...........WW project......
Oh heck you know what I mean.:o Nice gloat.
Creeker Dave Richards stopped bye today for a quick look see. Wife and child doing well.;)

John Miliunas
01-07-2006, 5:38 PM
Creeker Dave Richards stopped bye today for a quick look see. Wife and child doing well.;)

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP!!!!! Double-foul when the Picture Cop himself doesn't provide indesputible evidence of such an event!!!! 50 lashes with a wet staining rag!!!!:mad: :D :cool: (Ooooooo...Busted this guy, BIG TIME!!!!)

Bob, Lou, looks like you guys made a great connection, there! Not hardly much better doing what you like doing and being able to do it with a fellow Creeker, to boot!:) :cool:

Jim Becker
01-07-2006, 6:08 PM
Very nice "haul"... :D

Richard Wolf
01-07-2006, 6:40 PM
Great, it's always good to share in our love for woodworking. Well done Lou and Bob.

Richard

Frank Chaffee
01-07-2006, 6:42 PM
Wow Bob,
I’m envious; I’ve always thot that lou sansone could only be met up with in mythology books or on that extraspacial forum “Sawmill Creek”.

I look for to seeing your use of that fine wood!

Frank

Tyler Howell
01-07-2006, 6:50 PM
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP!!!!! Double-foul when the Picture Cop himself doesn't provide indesputible evidence of such an event!!!! 50 lashes with a wet staining rag!!!!:mad: :D :cool: (Ooooooo...Busted this guy, BIG TIME!!!!)

Bob, Lou, looks like you guys made a great connection, there! Not hardly much better doing what you like doing and being able to do it with a fellow Creeker, to boot!:) :cool:
I'll take the lashes and a cut in pay. You've seen us together before. Nothing new. Same old ugly face and nice guy from the south.:o

Bob Winkler
01-07-2006, 7:18 PM
Frank, I hope you're patient. It will take me some time to figure out where to store it, never mind just how to use it. I fear this will create a domino effect: I need a bigger bandsaw and planer to handle such large wood- I need to clear out the garage to build wood storage shelves- I need a large shed to store everything that was in the garage- I need...

Steve Wargo
01-07-2006, 7:36 PM
Lou must have a lot of experience rescuing people who come to visit. I got lost too. Nice score on the wood.

Todd Davidson
01-07-2006, 8:49 PM
Fantastic gloat Bob! I'll free up some garage space if you need me to :D .
Plan on PMing you tomorrow regarding the WW show next weekend.

Russ Massery
01-07-2006, 9:39 PM
A "Creeker" visit and truck load of Maple Very "Gloat Worthy" Seems like a great "Creeker" visit day ;)

Bob Winkler
01-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Fantastic gloat Bob! I'll free up some garage space if you need me to :D .
Plan on PMing you tomorrow regarding the WW show next weekend.

Todd- I've seen your garage. Don't think you could even fit one more board in there. ;)

Maybe if you unloaded some of that sheetrock...:)

When are ya going to the show?

Bob