PDA

View Full Version : DC ducting question. I know.....

Jim O'Dell
01-07-2006, 3:10 PM
I tried searching, and only come up with McMaster-Carr and Air Handling Systems (?) for purchasing fittings on line. I know most everyone swears by McMaster-Carr, but I'm not finding the fittings I'm looking for in 6". They have the 45 elbows, but the 22.5, wye's and anything long radius other than 90 degree is not shown. Do they have items not on line that you can call about? Anyone have any other sources on line or in the DFW area? I'll be using 6" SD for all my ducting, possibly a reducer to 4" or a 6-4-4 wye at say the BS or TS. Thanks for any ideas. Jim.

JayStPeter
01-07-2006, 3:31 PM
I bought all my SD fittings at Lowes. They have wyes that are 6-6-6 and 6-6-4. For conversions down to 4" and some adjustable elbows, I transitioned to metal duct as needed. Once I figured out a good method to transition back and forth, I was able to use the cheapest piece for each fitting.

Jay

Ken Garlock
01-07-2006, 5:26 PM
Hi JIm. I bought all my PVC ducting and fittings from Locke Supply (http://www.lockesupply.com/). They only have 3 stores in Texas, and the closest one to you would be Denton. Their selection of fittings is what I would call 'good.' If you decide to buy from them, call ahead and have them set aside the parts you need. If they don't have the item in stock, but it is in the catalog, they will order it from the warehouse and hold it for you.

Jim O'Dell
01-07-2006, 5:56 PM
Thanks guys. Jay, I've looked at the Lowes and HDs around here...nothing in 6", at least that I could find.
Ken...Thanks for the web site. They seem to have a lot more of what I'm looking for. I emailed them on a few specific items to find out pricing. How did you find their prices were on fittings? Did you get your pipe from them as well? Jim.

Ken Garlock
01-07-2006, 7:59 PM
Jim, I hate the Locke catalog, but it is usable after a fashion.:(

The prices on most fittings are reasonable, say under #10. The one budget killer is the sanitary Wye, a 6X6 with a 6 45deg leg, I think it was in the area of 25 dollars:eek: Fortunately, I only needed a couple of them.:cool:

Yes, I got my pipe from Locke. It was right around $11 for a 10 ft. section.

Jeff Singleton
01-07-2006, 9:39 PM
Jim, I got all my dust collector fittings thru Stamped Fittings in Elmira,NY. There have the cheapest price by FAR and have the best fittings. I put in a 7 1/2hp Aget cyclone this pass year with a 10" main branch and 6" branches, lots of 45's, 22's and Y's. Their fitting are mostly 22 ga. and I got the standing seam assembled ones. I used spiral pipe in 22 ga. and silconed all the joints. Check with local fabricators and supply houses for HVAC equipment for the spiral pipe. I think I got the Y's form Wilke. One word of caution, run a copper wire 2 ga. from your dust collector to a 8 ft. copper rod outside your building for static protection. Go to www.stampedfittings.com (http://www.stampedfittings.com) and check them out. I odered stuff on Mon. and received it by Thurs. and I am in NE Ohio. Good luck.

Jeff Singleton