PDA

View Full Version : Blum hinge - inset doors do not close flush

Bob Cooper
03-06-2021, 2:10 PM
First set of inset doors. Made a mock-up and everything seems fine except the door does not want to stop at 90 degrees....it swings too far in. Do I have to install a stop or is there an adjustment I’m missing.

Dwayne Watt
03-06-2021, 2:16 PM
Stops are needed. IIRC, there are typically some silicone bumpers included with those type of hinges.

Bob Cooper
03-06-2021, 2:21 PM
Stops in the hinge mechanism ...like for the plunger mechanism to hit...or stops on the cabinet like you see on cabinets with normal butt hinges?

David Zaret
03-06-2021, 2:38 PM
stops are not in the hinge mechanism. those are the full-crank clip-top hinges, you need stops on the cabinet (or shelves) to catch the closing door.

Bob Cooper
03-06-2021, 2:40 PM
Ok. Easy enough to do just didn’t know I needed them.

Ron Citerone
03-06-2021, 5:25 PM
Bob, be careful, I bought some bumpers cheap on ebay or amazon and they didn't stick out far enough for an even looking space on both sides. Maybe someone here can help with that.

David Zaret
03-06-2021, 7:40 PM
i use the eccentric bumpers from FastCap, purchased through my supplier (Richelieu). they are little disks with an offset hole, they come in clear and brown. the offset hole allows you to rotate to kick the door in or out as needed. so far, no complaints from customers.

Bob Cooper
03-06-2021, 8:35 PM
David...just bought some. I installed wooden stops tonight but I’ve got some more cabinets to build soon and these will be helpful

Warren Lake
03-06-2021, 9:11 PM
make the base 1/2 to 5/8" higher and it becomes the stop, use clear bumpers and you can tune them with a sharp chisel shaving off what you need.