PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my Triton 3¼ hp router?

Jim Fox
03-05-2021, 9:18 AM
I just upgraded my router table from a Triton 3¼ hp w/ Woodpecker plate to a Woodpecker PLR V2 w/ a Milwaukee 3½ hp. I already have 2 PC690's with all the different bases (regular, d handle and plunge). I also have both the corded and battery version of the Ridgid Palm size router. Not sure how much use the Triton would get for non table use. It's kinda big and bulky. Do I just try to sell it? Shipping would be a pretty penny, probably in the $25-30 range.

Thoughts?

Andrew Gibson
03-05-2021, 9:24 AM
If you have a tablesaw with an extension table you could throw it in as a secondary router table. I have run into situations where having a second table can come in handy.

Jim Becker
03-05-2021, 9:31 AM
What Andrew said...it can be very useful for both heavier hand-held work as well as a great, low cost solution for a secondary router table setup since it natively has features that are helpful for table use.

Jim Fox
03-05-2021, 9:38 AM
If you have a tablesaw with an extension table you could throw it in as a secondary router table. I have run into situations where having a second table can come in handy.

What Andrew said...it can be very useful for both heavier hand-held work as well as a great, low cost solution for a secondary router table setup since it natively has features that are helpful for table use.

Originally that's what I had with my Freud. Then I got the router table with the Triton and never used the Freud. I finally got tired of always having to adjust the extension wing. No matter how tight I got the bolts it always sank. The issue now would be I just built a new cabinet under that wing, after I took out the Freud. Guess I could modify the cabinet some how. Take out the first few drawers. It is on wheels and not attached to the saw at all.

Howard Pollack
03-05-2021, 10:33 AM
How about giving it away to a less affluent woodworker or a woodworking program. -Howard

Ralph Okonieski
03-05-2021, 6:08 PM
Keep it. Routers are like clamps, there are never enough.

Von Bickley
03-05-2021, 9:04 PM
There's nothing wrong with having 2 router tables.

Charles Coolidge
03-05-2021, 9:41 PM
Ship it to me!

Dave VanDewerker
03-06-2021, 12:27 PM
I have a Hitachi M12v that I used to use in a router table before I upgraded the table. I kept it around for a few years before I found a good used for it. I built a a planer jig for flattening slabs and cookies, that router handles that bit very well.