PDA

View Full Version : Sharkmouth converted to overhead mount

Jim Fox
02-26-2021, 5:57 PM
Been using the Sharkmouth (first version) for several years now. It's not to bad of a unit to use. Wish the mount was a little different, but that's more to blame on the way the saw was built. My only two beefs were for my saw it could be a touch longer as it wants to rest on the front of the throat plate and makes it tip. The other beef is when doing 45° cut the adjustable lever they use hits the throat plate so you have to carve out a portion of your plate so it doesn't interfere and it's not easy to remove the lever.

So when I saw they had an option to covert it to overhead/overarm I jumped on it. With the exception of some bolts, washers and Sharkmouth, all the parts are from McMaster-Carr. I will need to add a sway control brace (left/right) movement. A full height strut on the top probably would of helped but I was trying to gain as much height adjustment as possible. Granted that probably only bought me 3/4" or so. I can get just over 15½" of vertical movement on it.

453122 453123

Marc Fenneuff
03-02-2021, 12:50 PM
Looks good Jim. Im assuming you welded the two "feet" at the ends of the struts?

Jim Fox
03-02-2021, 1:14 PM
Looks good Jim. Im assuming you welded the two "feet" at the ends of the struts?

No welding. You can order those pre-welded direct from McMaster-Carr as well. Link to Strut with plate (https://www.mcmaster.com/strut-channel-systems/strut-channel-with-mounting-plate-6/)

Matt Day
03-02-2021, 10:03 PM
Do you mean Shark Guard?