PDA

View Full Version : Can I interchange 10" Mitre Saw Blade for my Table Saw?

Sula Grego
01-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Can I interchange 10" Mitre Saw Blade for my Table Saw?

It has 72 teeth and I'll be cutting hardwood panels on the Table Saw.
On the blade itself (the brand is Samona), it says "Mitre Saw Blade", and the Table Saw can take 10" blades, so will it work?

Thanks,

Dennis McDonaugh
01-07-2006, 12:06 AM
The short answer is yes you can, but that's a lot of teeth for a table saw blade. Why you want to use it on the table saw to cut hardwood? A good 40 tooth combo blade would be a better choice to get a smooth cut. I think a 72 tooth blade is going to cut very slowly and may burn the wood easily.

Bruce Page
01-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't use it for any ripping but it should work ok for cross cutting. As Dennis said, you'd be better off with a 40 tooth combo blade.

Sula Grego
01-07-2006, 12:51 AM
thanks, I appreciate all your help!

One other question, is it alright to use smaller blades for the 10" Table saw? For example, can I use my 7 1/4" circular saw blade in the table saw or mitre saw?

Sula

scott spencer
01-07-2006, 7:20 AM
thanks, I appreciate all your help!

One other question, is it alright to use smaller blades for the 10" Table saw? For example, can I use my 7 1/4" circular saw blade in the table saw or mitre saw?

Sula You should be able to use the 7-1/4" blade in your TS, but you'll lose some blade height capacity. That same blade in your miter saw will have very limited capacity and may cause problems with the guard function....the blade might not even reach the base without modification. Also the teeth in a miter saw blade typically have a very low to negative hook angle. The 7-1/4" blade may have too high of a hook angle which can cause the blade to grab the wood more and pull it up....I'd pass.

Jarrod Nelson
01-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Of course budgets are always a concern, but I've always tried to use the right tool for the right job. A good blade for your table saw will make it a much better, more accurate and more enjoyable tool.

Jim Becker
01-07-2006, 11:23 AM
The 7 1/4" blade may not have a 5/8" arbor hole. If it does, yea...you can put it on, but the available cut depth will be "not much".

BTW, blades designed for miter saws will work fine on a table saw for appropriate cuts, but have a different tooth configuration to make them safer on the miter saw. They will cut less agressively on the table saw. I suggest you plan for a decent general purpose 40t blade for the table saw when you have the opportunity and means to aquire it. (Buy a good quality blade...they stay sharper, can be sharpened more times and last longer between sharpenings than an inexpensive blade)