PDA

View Full Version : Pics from phone. (How)

mike johnston
02-24-2021, 10:11 AM
Not sure where this should be posted. I think this is the most active place on the forum. Haven't posted a wood working project in several years. Because I have know idea how. Would have to do it from my iPhone. Have done all the searches. Is there a simple way, I'm probably the least tech savey person here.

thank you
Mike

Bill Dufour
02-24-2021, 10:29 AM
Hook your phone charging cable to the computer usb port. Then look around on the computer for the phone. probably listed under "devices".
Bill D

Leo Butler
02-24-2021, 10:49 AM
Not sure where this should be posted. I think this is the most active place on the forum. Haven't posted a wood working project in several years. Because I have know idea how. Would have to do it from my iPhone. Have done all the searches. Is there a simple way, I'm probably the least tech savey person here.
Mike, I just loaded samillcreek.org on my iPhone and I see a banner at the top that says:

You can now post pictures from your phone! Sawmill Creek now has support for Forum Runner! (ForumRunner can be purchased in most app stores for about 2 bucks.)
Sounds like that's your best (and maybe only) option.

Regards,

- Leo

Mike Burke
02-24-2021, 10:58 AM
I use google photos. saves all my photos so I don't have to keep them on my iphone.
I can go to google photos, copy and past them to my desk top and then upload them to my post when ready.

glenn bradley
02-24-2021, 11:01 AM
There are various ways, Google Drive and so forth. Most often I just have a few so I just email them to myself and then post them from the computer. I find the iPhone handy but, not a PC replacement for many tasks. I could also just be old and set in my ways ;-)

mike johnston
02-24-2021, 11:57 AM
Thanks every one Now to find a 7 year old to help me through

Matt Day
02-24-2021, 12:30 PM
Using your phones internet browser, go to SMC. Change the viewing mode (bottom left) to classic/full site and you can upload right from your phone. No need to move photos or plug in cords.

Lee Schierer
02-24-2021, 1:23 PM
I sometime use my phone for taking photos of things. I transfer those photos to my lap top via blue tooth. That allows me to check the photos for proper orientation before posting them on SMC.