PDA

View Full Version : Reach in Closet

John Terefenko
02-18-2021, 11:48 PM
Has anyone built a reach in closet with shelves and drawers and things?/ If so did you design yourself or use components from a supplier. If you have photos I would like to see. Also what are some do's and don'ts and must haves or do not bother withs. Thanks in advance. This is a project this spring I need to work on. I put a link of examples of what I am talking about. Also what did you do to close it off?? Use doors of some type??

https://www.closetsbydesign.com/closets/bedroom-closets/

George Bokros
02-19-2021, 7:17 AM
I designed my own and build it into an existing closet that had bi-fold doors. I will see if I can get some pictures for you, need to get SWMBO's approval.

Lisa Starr
02-19-2021, 7:26 AM
Designed and built them ourselves in two closets with bifold doors in our children's rooms. No pics though, because we don't live in that home anymore.

John Terefenko
02-19-2021, 1:08 PM
Those that used bifold doors, how many and did they open so the entire closet was open.

George Bokros
02-19-2021, 2:07 PM
Those that used bifold doors, how many and did they open so the entire closet was open.

Mine have two panels on each side, total four panels.

Jon Nuckles
02-19-2021, 4:36 PM
After looking into material costs and what Ikea charges for their closet organization systems, I went with Ikea. I was busy with other projects at the time or I might have spent more to do it myself. While I'm confident a custom job would have been "better," their product is well thought out and the particle board is not visible after installation. ;)

George Bokros
02-19-2021, 6:12 PM
Here is a pic of one I built.

Guess I am puzzled why it is there twice?????