PDA

View Full Version : bandsaw tires

bill godber
02-16-2021, 4:30 PM
I purchased some bandsaw tires from LV, advertised as a fit for 14" wheels. Upon install I see they are approx 1/8 " too narrow for my Delta 14 wheels. My question, will this affect blade tracking?

Doug Garson
02-16-2021, 4:48 PM
Shouldn't unless they are loose and shift side to side. The blade rides on the center crown of the wheel.

lowell holmes
02-16-2021, 5:49 PM
I agree with Doug. I use the flutter method when tensioning the blade.

Carroll Courtney
02-16-2021, 6:38 PM
Tracking is close to the center of the wheel, while like you I still would want the tire to cover the wheel. Tire is not like 2x4, that's why when I buy tires I ask what the width of the tire is cause I want it to fit and not just to come close.Next go round give Ittura Design a try

Bruce Wrenn
02-16-2021, 8:57 PM
I purchased some bandsaw tires from LV, advertised as a fit for 14" wheels. Upon install I see they are approx 1/8 " too narrow for my Delta 14 wheels. My question, will this affect blade tracking?

First, the answer is no. Second, next time you need some tires for band saw, check out "Blue Max" tires. Very likely the ones from LV are actually Carters, as theirs don't fill out the wheel. The orange ones from Sulphur Grove do.