PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to SawStop for customer service

BOB OLINGER
02-15-2021, 1:19 PM
FWIW, especially on those considering purchase options on a table saw - I purchased a SawStop cabinet saw in 2011. It's been a great saw. However, suddenly the saw did not always start when I flipped the paddle switch. Sometimes, after several flips, turning the master power on/off, it would go, but not consistently. So, I called tech service at SawStop. My problem sounded like an unusual problem. However, after discussion, we narrowed the problem likely to a faulty switch box. I quickly received a new box, installed, and problem solved. Great to have good responsive customer service!!!

Zac Martin
02-15-2021, 2:29 PM
Hey Bob, which saw do you have? I'm going to upgrading my ridgid 4512 at some point in the nearish future, and pretty sure I'll be going to one of the sawstop models..

BOB OLINGER
02-15-2021, 3:38 PM
Hi Zac,

I have the 3 HP cabinet model.

Zac Martin
02-15-2021, 7:45 PM
the 3HP PCS or ICS? I wonder how much of a difference there is between the two that would warrant an additional $1000 or so for the ICS.

Mike Henderson
02-15-2021, 7:50 PM
I bought the PCS some years ago and it's worked fine for me. However, I've also used an ICS at a friend's shop. At the time I bought the PCS I sure couldn't afford the extra cost, but today, if I was doing it again, I'd get the ICS. It's a lifetime saw.

Why? The ICS just operates smoother when raising and lowering the blade or tilting it. Otherwise, the 3HP ICS functions like the 3HP PCS.

Mike

Zac Martin
02-15-2021, 7:53 PM
Hey Mike,

So I'm guessing its just a bit heavier, maybe a beefier trunnion? I'm sure I'll do a lot more research when I get to closer to actually making a purchase (maybe I can do a birthday/christmas present parlay).

BOB OLINGER
02-16-2021, 7:36 AM
the 3HP PCS or ICS? I wonder how much of a difference there is between the two that would warrant an additional $1000 or so for the ICS.

Zac, I have the PCS.

Brian Tymchak
02-16-2021, 9:58 AM
Hey Mike,

So I'm guessing its just a bit heavier, maybe a beefier trunnion? I'm sure I'll do a lot more research when I get to closer to actually making a purchase (maybe I can do a birthday/christmas present parlay).

One significant difference is that the ICS has a larger top which might be handy depending on your work. Here's links to the sawstop specs.

https://www.sawstop.com/table-saws/by-model/industrial-cabinet-saw/
https://www.sawstop.com/table-saws/by-model/professional-cabinet-saw/

Frank Pratt
02-16-2021, 12:56 PM
Hey Mike,

The innards of the ICS are quite a bit more robust than the PCS. But unless used in a production setting, I doubt you could wear out a PCS in a lifetime.

Andrew Pitonyak
02-16-2021, 1:17 PM
When mine stopped working after many years of use, their support was amazing. We guessed at the problem and replaced two parts since they were both relatively cheap compared to the shipping (two capacitors I think it was). That fixed it, but I also knew what the next step was if that did not.

Was SawStop sold some time back? If so, glad to hear that they maintained the amazing customer support. They are at the top of my buy list (if I need to purchase another) based on their customer support, especially while I was out of warranty.

Jim Becker
02-16-2021, 1:19 PM
Was SawStop sold some time back?

Sawstop was purchased by the parent company of Festool and Tanos awhile ago.

Alan Kalker
02-16-2021, 1:59 PM
Ditto on Sawstop’s customer service. On the rare occasion that I have had to call them they have been incredibly responsive and helpful.

mreza Salav
02-16-2021, 2:46 PM
Yep, their CS is top notch, among the best (if not the best) I have dealt with.

David Publicover
02-16-2021, 4:28 PM

Hi Zac,
There is a significant difference in weight between the two due to the heavier duty build. I had the same Ridgid TS and planned to upgrade to a PCS but lucked into a demo ICS. I’m sure you will appreciate the quality of either saw if you upgrade.
Best regards,
David