PDA

View Full Version : New Hammer A3-41A Owner - Need Help

James Cheever
02-14-2021, 2:09 PM
Hi All -

I finally got my new A3-41A out of my garage and into my basement shop, so today is assembly day. However, I ran into two problems (I’m sure the answers are staring me in the face, but I just can’t seem to see them):

First, I found instructions and videos on YouTube showing how to attach the spare mounting bracket on the outfeed side (the actual Hammer User Manual was not too useful). However, after more than two hours searching here and Google, I cannot seem to find any info on how to assemble the attachment mechanism on the extension table itself.

Second, for the life of me, I cannot seem to get my infeed table to adjust. It seems to be “locked” at zero no matter I do.

Can anyone help me out of my senior moment?

Thanks.

ChrisA Edwards
02-14-2021, 2:46 PM
See if this helps
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/i452/cedwards874/Woodworking/.highres/tableExtensionA_zpswkyrjcqq.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/i452/cedwards874/Woodworking/.highres/ExtensionTable3_zps1uucffq2.jpg

ChrisA Edwards
02-14-2021, 2:50 PM
I also aligned the rail like this, with a 17mm (I think) screwed to a pice of ply

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/i452/cedwards874/Woodworking/.highres/17mmJig_zpsbfttrgid.jpg

ChrisA Edwards
02-14-2021, 2:52 PM
Second, for the life of me, I cannot seem to get my infeed table to adjust. It seems to be “locked” at zero no matter I do.

Can anyone help me out of my senior moment?

Thanks.

The lever, on the indeed table, just moves up and down to alter the indeed table height. I can't recall anything, for shipping, that locked this in place. But I have an A3-31, so yours might be different.

James Cheever
02-14-2021, 3:01 PM
Thanks, ChrisA, your pictures were exactly what I needed.

That’s what I’m thinking about the lever too. However, mine will not drop the table at all. I may need to call Dale at Felder on Monday.

ChrisA Edwards
02-14-2021, 3:05 PM
The amount is moves, with the lever, is barely visible/noticeable, but you feel it with the cut.

Lisa Starr
02-14-2021, 3:15 PM
Jim, I am a relatively new owner of an A3-31, and at first thought the lever didn't adjust the infeed table. Turned out, it is like Chris said, it doesn't look like it is changing the table, but when you're cutting it is actually a very significant change. I actually just finished up milling my first rough cut material on it a few minutes ago. Boy this should really help my accuracy as my first 15-20 years of woodworking was done without a jointer. I had lots of work-arounds, but this was so easy. Enjoy!

James Cheever
02-14-2021, 3:42 PM
Thanks for everyone’s help. Finally figured it out. The mechanism wasn’t locked. It was just very, very, cold from being in my garage (here in PA) for a couple of weeks. I wasn’t putting enough pressure of the lever for fear of stripping something. I removed the red cover plate and very carefully added pressure to the lever until the mechanism freed itself up. It works now just fine.

Oh, well. Like I said; a senior moment; haha.

Mick Simon
02-14-2021, 5:53 PM
Hope you love your new machine as much as I love mine!