PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley’s Ultimate Outfeed Stand

Acharya Kumarswami
02-14-2021, 2:06 PM
Does anyone know if we can still get Lee Valley’s Ultimate Outfeed Stand?
I have one I bought nearly 20 years ago and would like to get another, but they seem to no longer carry it.

Otherwise, is there another product that provides side to side adjustment?
I did a thorough search but didn't find anything.
Thanks.

Jim Becker
02-14-2021, 2:12 PM
I'm not familiar with the product and things like that do come and go. Why not use the one you have as a pattern to make your own similar thing as a woodworking project?

Frederick Skelly
02-14-2021, 5:13 PM
Sure looks like it was a fancy product. Old Review. (https://www.woodmagazine.com/review/saws/tablesaw-accessories/outfeed-support-stands/lee-valley-ultimate-outfeed-support-stand)

I'd call LV and ask. Or go look on ebay.

Andrew Seemann
02-14-2021, 5:27 PM
That looks kind of neat, but I could see how it would be difficult to compete against the lower-quality-but-adequate $20 Harbor Freight version.

Rockler appears to have some similarly over designed stands as well as the ball bearing rollers to make your own.

Bruce Page
02-14-2021, 5:55 PM
I have 2 of them that replaced the old roller stands. They are very nice.

Phil Gaudio
02-14-2021, 5:57 PM
I think you can only get those on April 1. :)

Bruce Page
02-14-2021, 6:18 PM
I think you can only get those on April 1. :)

They're the real deal:

Howard Pollack
02-14-2021, 8:26 PM
I just used mine today as a support to allow me to bandsaw a very wide piece. Works very well. -Howard

Doug Garson
02-14-2021, 11:02 PM
I agree with Jim, a shop made version would definitely be doable and probably cheaper or at least comparable to a purchased stand with less features

Bob Betker
02-15-2021, 5:00 PM
I'm pretty sure they have been discontinued. I used to have it on my Lee Valley Wish List and remember seeing that it was no longer available and that was under the old system. It looked like a pretty slick system.