PDA

View Full Version : Table saw parallel to miter slot

Brian Runau
02-11-2021, 10:46 AM
I have a cabinet saw. I set this up within .001. I turn on the saw and run the blade for 30 seconds or so and the tolerance goes out to .004/.005.

I have tried using/not using the lock washers and hand tightened these nuts on the cabinet saw as tight as I can get them.

Could the table be moving that much on the base?

Thanks.

Brian

Marc Fenneuff
02-11-2021, 11:21 AM
Have you checked the arbor for runout?

Lisa Starr
02-11-2021, 12:24 PM
Is the blade seated well against the flange when you're testing? Is your washer flat? (My stamped one proved to be the problem when I was fighting a similar issue) As Marc said check your arbor for runout. Are your bearings bad, allowing the shaft to move?

Brian Runau
02-11-2021, 12:29 PM
I'll check the arbor for run out. I worked in the power transmission industry, and I don't hear any noise from the bearings suggesting wear. Blade is snug against the arbor. thanks brian

Lee Schierer
02-11-2021, 1:58 PM
Are you checking to the same exact spot on the blade plate? Don't try to do your alignment using a tooth.

It sounds like there is play in the saw raise/lower support. Make sure all locking levers are locked when doing your measurements.

Brian Runau
02-11-2021, 2:39 PM
The arbor has .0005 run out which is great. Arbor was clean and smooth and blade is fitted well with the nut and washer good and flat. I reset the table top to .0001 parallel. I am tightening the bolts down and adjusting as I go to keep it parallel, but it is still moving a little and the dial indicator is not showing it as I tighten the bolts, but I am a little off parallel. .002/.003 whicxh should not matter? thanks brian

Brian Runau
02-11-2021, 2:40 PM
Are you checking to the same exact spot on the blade plate? Don't try to do your alignment using a tooth.

It sounds like there is play in the saw raise/lower support. Make sure all locking levers are locked when doing your measurements.

Radius inside underneath the root of the tooth. mark a spot set indicator to zero rotate blade 180 degrees. thanks brian

Alex Zeller
02-11-2021, 4:44 PM
Have you looked at the trunnions? One could be slightly loose or have some play in it.

glenn bradley
02-11-2021, 5:10 PM
Make and model? Maybe an owner on here can give specific experienced info.