PDA

View Full Version : 10" saw blades

Brian Runau
02-11-2021, 10:43 AM
Who would you consider to be similar quality to infinity blades? Looking for a god cross cut blade.

Thanks.

Brian

Jim Becker
02-11-2021, 11:36 AM
I personally use Forrest blades, Brian, and buy them from Silver's Mill for about the best price going. Sale prices that come are even better.

Jay Kepley
02-11-2021, 11:49 AM
I have a Forrest WWII, and it's a very nice blade. I recently bought three Amana blades (rip, general purpose, and crosscut), and they are very nice blades. Very clean cuts. They are a little less expensive than a Forrest blade.

Jim Dwight
02-11-2021, 11:54 AM
I bought two Infinity blades shortly after getting my PCS. They were full kerf 50 tooth and 24 tooth ripper. I was pretty disappointed in them but my saw is only 1.75 hp and that was undoubtedly part of the reason for my difficulties. But a freud full kerf ripper definitely worked better than the Infinity.

So I do not have a high opinion of infinity blades. If I used different blades and/or a different saw I might well think differently. But I have always had good results using Freud blades. I have a thin kerf Fusion 40 tooth blade on my PCS right now. It will do rips the 24 tooth Infinity blade would not. It's a nice all around blade IMHO. It does cross cuts well also. I haven't taken it off the saw since I put it on. I have a thin kerf 50 tooth I was planning to be my main blade but the fusion is working so well it has not gotten installed. I also have a thin kerf 24 tooth ripper I haven't put on due to good results with the fusion. All are Freud. Bang for the buck, I have not found better.

Micah Puscheck
02-11-2021, 11:56 AM
Who would you consider to be similar quality to infinity blades? Looking for a god cross cut blade.

Thanks.

Brian

I think your expectations are unrealistic.

:D

Richard Coers
02-11-2021, 12:19 PM

Thanks.

Brian

That must be a really high quality cross cut! LOL

Lisa Starr
02-11-2021, 12:20 PM
I have very good results with Freud Blades. I have a crosscut, a glue line rip and a combo that all do a great job.

Brian Runau
02-11-2021, 12:21 PM
I think your expectations are unrealistic.

:D

That's funny

Brian Runau
02-11-2021, 12:27 PM
thanks everyone.

Bryan Lisowski
02-11-2021, 12:55 PM
I use Oshlun and have been extremely happy with them.

Roger Davis
02-11-2021, 1:01 PM
I use the 10 inch 40 tooth Ridge carbide Super Blade with great results.

Roger in Texas

Rod Sheridan
02-11-2021, 1:06 PM
FS Tools................Rod.

Robert Engel
02-11-2021, 1:12 PM
I use a lot of CMT blades a s router bits. I have a Forrest WWII it small it’s cracked up to be but the

CMT cut quality is just as good durability is the thing with Forrest

Lee Schierer
02-11-2021, 1:49 PM
I really like my Freud LU73M. Cut quality and durability are excellent.

Dave Cav
02-11-2021, 2:25 PM
Tenryu Gold Medal for furniture/hardwood. I also use Oshlun blades for utility work.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-11-2021, 2:30 PM
We go through a lot of blades, Forrest, FS, and one particular Ridge blade are best ones in my shop, followed by the various Freuds, Infinity has not been as good as the Freuds in our experience but maybe we had a bad batch.

Ron Selzer
02-11-2021, 5:32 PM
I always seem to be the happiest with Forrest
Freud is good just not as good

Ron

Austin Grote
02-11-2021, 7:09 PM
I use a lot of CMT blades a s router bits. I have a Forrest WWII it small it’s cracked up to be but the

CMT cut quality is just as good durability is the thing with Forrest

I don`t understand what you are saying.

Bruce Wrenn
02-11-2021, 8:45 PM
DeWalt ( industrial line,) Freud, Oldham (US SAW), Leitz, Delta 7657, HO Shumacher, Amana. The 7657, which I paid less than twenty bucks for stays on my saw most of the time. Have three WWII's, ,one bought used as a part of a "package deal," one new, and another repaired by Forrest, two of which which rest safely in their boxes, quietly rusting away as Forrest was too cheap to put rust inhibiting paper in their their boxes. I consider Forrest blades to be over as in over rated, and over priced. Never seen one in a production cabinet shop. Mostly Freuds around here.

Vince Shriver
02-12-2021, 1:12 AM

Thanks.

Brian

Forrest, Ridge Carbide, Tenryu (Gold Metal), Amana and Freud - all quality blades. Equally important is selecting the right kerf, tooth count and grind for what you're doing.

Bob Jones 5443
02-12-2021, 1:15 AM
I have a CMT and a Freud, but I typically load my two Diablo blades from Home Depot: a 24-tooth and an 80-tooth. (These are made by Freud, I believe.) I've had them sharpened once, last year. They had plenty of carbide left after sharpening.

The choice depends on your goal. I don't look to the machine for the final surface; there's usually some planing or something before the end. These blades are well balanced, and when clean and sharp they do a fine job. Plus, they cost about $60 each.

Is it heresy to pay this little?

lowell holmes
02-12-2021, 8:58 AM
10" Forrest carbide for me. I have never regretted buying it.