PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G5959Z

David Mueller
01-06-2006, 12:23 AM
So all I can se is the difference between the G5959 and the G5959Z is the blade tilt. Am I missing something? :confused:

Shiraz Balolia
01-06-2006, 5:56 PM
So all I can se is the difference between the G5959 and the G5959Z is the blade tilt. Am I missing something? :confused:

Yes, you are correct. G5959Z is a left tilt. G5959 is a right tilt.

Mark Rios
01-06-2006, 6:53 PM
May I ask anyone out there why a left tilt costs more? Thanks.

Chris Livingston
01-06-2006, 9:46 PM
Cause fewer people demand that feature and are willing to pay extra for it?

Shiraz Balolia
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM
May I ask anyone out there why a left tilt costs more? Thanks.

Mark - the right tilt has been around for many years. For the left tilt, there was the cost of new dies as the inside parts are different. It is this that is causing the small price difference right now. In a couple of years I expect the prices to be the same after the dies have been amortized.

David Mueller
01-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I guess I thought that with the label "Z series" that there would be something special over the standard series. Maybe just the fact that the redesigned castings are beefier or something. Although, I plan to order it soon anyway, I just thought...oh well.

As a side note, Yamaha is looking into my claim I spoke to you about on the other forum. :cool:

Mark Rios
01-07-2006, 2:21 AM
Mark - the right tilt has been around for many years. For the left tilt, there was the cost of new dies as the inside parts are different. It is this that is causing the small price difference right now. In a couple of years I expect the prices to be the same after the dies have been amortized.

Thanks for the clarification Mr. Balolia. I have a left tilt now and look forward to the sl. Thanks.