PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Coffee

Bert Kemp
02-09-2021, 12:56 PM
Has anyone tried this ? Toted to be the worlds strongest coffee and what did you think of it?

William Chain
02-09-2021, 1:46 PM
Not strongest so much as elevated levels of caffeine.

It's coffee. Pricey coffee. I would say nothing special in terms of taste relative to other brands like Peets or Starbucks or whathaveyou at the grocery store. They have a marketing program that makes it attractive (nifty packaging, stickers, mugs, etc.) but it's coffee.

Has anyone tried this ? Toted to be the worlds strongest coffee and what did you think of it?

Ken Fitzgerald
02-09-2021, 2:30 PM
I haven't tried it but they have some funny advertisements on FB.

I will stick with my weak Folgers, thank you!

Kev Williams
02-10-2021, 12:14 AM
Winco sells 'Red Brick' coffee, lots of flavors-- one of them they call "Rocket Java". The first word they use to describe it is "intense"... That's putting it lightly. "Rocket Java" is a fitting name, because to me it tastes like jet fuel. It's the only coffee I've never been able to drink. Yet there's more bulk containers of it than any other flavor, so I guess it's popular. Don't know the caffeine content, but "strong", most definitely :)

If 'Death Wish' tastes anything like it, I'll pass...

Rob Luter
02-10-2021, 5:43 AM
Stunt coffee? No thanks. A regular Starbucks would have me jacked up for hours. I gave up caffeine years ago.

Jim Matthews
02-10-2021, 6:40 AM
$20 a pound.

I get squeamish over my Bustelo at $3/pound.

Yikes

Lisa Starr
02-10-2021, 7:22 AM
Nope. I dislike most dark roast coffees and am perfectly happy with my cheap stuff from Aldi.

William Chain
02-10-2021, 7:57 AM
Clever advertising costs money!

$20 a pound.

I get squeamish over my Bustelo at $3/pound.

Yikes

Todd Trebuna
02-10-2021, 3:16 PM
Many of my co workers drink Death Wish coffee. They seem to like it. They are not in it for the taste though. #nightshift

Larry Frank
02-10-2021, 8:07 PM
I love Kona Coffee. I toured a coffee plantation and even roasted some myself.

John Stankus
02-11-2021, 10:04 AM
A buddy of mine in graduate school was really into coffee. He decided to make the strongest coffee he could make.
Being a chemist, he set up a reflux extraction set up. He extracted so much from the coffee beans, that the grounds had turned white!:eek:
Not being a coffee person, I didn't try it. But the folks who did said it was the most bitter coffee they every had. (he had extracted basically everything but the cellulose from the beans).

John

Bert Kemp
02-12-2021, 10:17 AM
Well I'd like the coffee to taste good not bitter LOL:D
A buddy of mine in graduate school was really into coffee. He decided to make the strongest coffee he could make.
Being a chemist, he set up a reflux extraction set up. He extracted so much from the coffee beans, that the grounds had turned white!:eek:
Not being a coffee person, I didn't try it. But the folks who did said it was the most bitter coffee they every had. (he had extracted basically everything but the cellulose from the beans).

John

Thomas L Carpenter
02-12-2021, 11:52 AM
What is the preferred way to make coffee? Can the best way make cheap coffee taste great? I'm not much of a connoisseur but it absolutely has to be black.

Bert Kemp
02-12-2021, 1:39 PM
Thats what I'm trying to find out. experimenting, grind whole bean, different brands, drip perk. Taste black, don't like black, add a little Italian Sweet creamer, makes most taste better to me. But still loing for the best tasting one.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-12-2021, 3:07 PM
What's interesting to me is the difference in coffee brewing and the way the locals drink it around the world. In our limited international travels I learned to ask for "filter coffee" if I didn't want the local version of expresso.

Jim Matthews
02-12-2021, 4:20 PM
What is the preferred way to make coffee? Can the best way make cheap coffee taste great? I'm not much of a connoisseur but it absolutely has to be black.
Aeropress or Delter

I use espresso grind, so the Delter works better.

https://theobjectdepot.com/products/delter-coffee-press

David L Morse
02-12-2021, 4:31 PM
Aeropress or Delter

I use espresso grind, so the Delter works better.

https://theobjectdepot.com/products/delter-coffee-press

I have and really like the Aeropress. Before that a filter cone was my choice. The Aeropress is better. Haven't tried the Delter.

The Aeropress is like a French press but without the oils and the cleanup mess. Looks like the Delter would be similar.

Ron Citerone
02-12-2021, 4:35 PM
I buy what ever is on sale at Shoprite. I try to avoid the dark roasts, but I know a lot of people prefer it.

Any Canadians here? I has some Tom Horton coffee in Banf that I really liked. Can’t find it here locally.

Lamar Keeney
02-12-2021, 7:38 PM
What want is a cup of coffee that tastes as good as perked coffee smells at 5:30 in the morning.

Bert Kemp
02-12-2021, 7:52 PM
What want is a cup of coffee that tastes as good as perked coffee smells at 5:30 in the morning.

yea there ya go most smell pretty good when perking but don't taste that good LOL go figure:rolleyes::cool:

Peter Kelly
02-15-2021, 1:27 AM
I have and really like the Aeropress. Before that a filter cone was my choice. The Aeropress is better. Haven't tried the Delter.

The Aeropress is like a French press but without the oils and the cleanup mess. Looks like the Delter would be similar.The plastic on my Aeropress went all weird and crazed after about a year of intermittent use, made me feel not good about using it.

Jim Andrew
02-17-2021, 8:05 PM
If you happen to take a trip to Jamaica, try the variety grown there, if I recall correctly it is Blue Mountain coffee. They make it strong. If you just drink coffee there, it will be Folgers, they only give you the local coffee if you ask for it. Folgers is cheaper.