PDA

View Full Version : festool domino xl 700 joiner

Jay Rasmussen
02-09-2021, 12:00 PM
Those of you have one or just happen to know, I'm looking for the thread diameter and pitch of the cutting tool mount. I have a XL coming my way and want to make an adapter so I can cut 6MM a mortise.
Thank you

Jim Becker
02-09-2021, 12:56 PM
Those of you have one or just happen to know, I'm looking for the thread diameter and pitch of the cutting tool mount. I have a XL coming my way and want to make an adapter so I can cut 6MM a mortise.
Thank you
Seneca makes the adapter that works with any Domino 500 cutter. It's very well made.

Prashun Patel
02-09-2021, 1:26 PM
I own the adapter and recommend it. Beware that the depth of cut of the 700 exceeds the length of the 500 cutting length, so you can't plunge too deep... DAMHIKT....

Jay Rasmussen
02-09-2021, 1:33 PM
Seneca makes the adapter that works with any Domino 500 cutter. It's very well made.
Thanks Jim!
Got one ordered. A lot easier than making one.
Jay

Jay Rasmussen
02-09-2021, 1:36 PM
I own the adapter and recommend it. Beware that the depth of cut of the 700 exceeds the length of the 500 cutting length, so you can't plunge too deep... DAMHIKT....
Thanks Prashun, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I bet the adapter doesn't cut very well.

Prashun Patel
02-09-2021, 5:00 PM
Right on, it doesn't. But it sure makes a nice lipstick burn mark around the lip.

Jim Dwight
02-10-2021, 12:42 PM
I have an XL with the Seneca adapter. I went with CMT cutters and all but the 14mm work fine. I use an Amana cutter too. The "off brand" cutters are half or less the Festool price. I've broken two 14mm CMT cutters but one of them worked for quite awhile. The Amana replacement works well.

mreza Salav
02-10-2021, 9:50 PM
Thanks Prashun, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I bet the adapter doesn't cut very well.

I have that adapter and use with 500 bits almost regularly and never had problem with depth of the cut. You just have to set it properly (e.g. for 40mm dominos use 20 etc).

Jim Dwight
02-11-2021, 12:06 PM
For depth of cut that the scale of the XL doesn't handle you can also put spacers on the guide rods. I made several made out of pvc pipe and I have some little ones than can fine tune the depth that were commercially made (for a different purpose). I think I got the length from a thread on the FOG.