PDA

View Full Version : Anyone goin' to Indy for the WW show?

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-05-2006, 11:42 PM
I was supposed to go to the WW show in Collinsville with our local WW club, but I will be out of the country, so I thought I'd go to Indy instead and was wondering if anyone was going.

Bruce

Jim Hill
01-06-2006, 6:54 PM
Bruce,

I live in Springfield, and have gone to the Indy show the past 2 years. Barring unforseen bad weather, my wife and I will be there Saturday. I've already got vacation approved for the following week to play with any new toys! I have gone to the Collinsville show several times as well, but I like the Indy show better.....bigger show.

Jim

Doug Jones
01-06-2006, 7:16 PM
I will be there also, only as an observer this time. Just spent all my money earlier this week. I want to see all the new stuff coming out.

I have gone to the Collinsville show several times as well, but I like the Indy show better.....bigger show.

Jim
Jim,
I found it to be just the other way around. I enjoyed the Collinsville show much more than Indy (could of been that in Indy parking was an issue and it was cold snowing and blowing. While the Collinsville show it was parking at the hotel right across the street, sunny and warm 68 degrees). But none-the-less, I'll be making both shows again this year. Indy show by myself and meeting friends for the Collinsville one.

Mike Priest
01-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Howdy,

I see there are some other folks from central Illinois on SMC, thats great to see. Can I ask how you find out about WW shows? I am interested in possibly checking one out, but had no idea one would be in Indy.

Jason Roehl
01-08-2006, 8:05 AM
I'm still not sure. I've actually been real busy lately, and look to be for some time to come, this during my normally slowest time of the year (when I have time to go to the show, but no money). This year, I may not have either!

Doug Jones
01-08-2006, 8:46 AM
Howdy,

I see there are some other folks from central Illinois on SMC, thats great to see. Can I ask how you find out about WW shows? I am interested in possibly checking one out, but had no idea one would be in Indy.

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-08-2006, 7:39 PM
I will be going there on Friday, as I have to be back in Peoria too early Saturday to make it possible to attend then. If you want to meet, PM me and we'll come up with a way to accomplish it.

Bruce

Larry D. Wagner
01-08-2006, 8:07 PM
Bruce,

My wife and I will be making it down there for the 3rd year in a row. We like to get there on Friday when it opens. We ususally return for Saturday also. It is always a great show. Another creeker from my area(NE Indiana), Dave Right will also be there. Give me a time and we'll try to introduce ourselves.

Larry:) :) :)

Stephen Dixon
01-08-2006, 8:48 PM
I work Downtown Saturday evening, so will go in early and stop at the show before work. I'll be wearing my SMC hat, or Badger Pond if I can't find the SMC cap.
Steve