PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly got me in trouble

Dave Lehnert
01-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Took the day off from work to do things around the house like take down the Christmas lights etc… My mail comes early in the morning so I thought I would go out and get it before I started my chores. Opened the box and their it was. The new 2006 Grizzly tool catalog. Do I need to say more? As far a work around the house. It was shot for the day. Wonder how that new G0456 wood lathe will look in my shop?

Bruce Page
01-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Dave, I bet it would look great in your shop! I have been amazed at Grizzly’s turn-around. They are really coming out with some nice looking, innovative machinery!

Allen Bookout
01-06-2006, 1:35 AM
I know what you mean. It happend to me also. I just hope that it is a good deal. The GO490 is backordered and expected to arrive in four to six weeks. The wait will make me appreicate it more I suppose. If you want one it might pay to get in line now.

Jarrod Nelson
01-06-2006, 8:48 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that new lathe would look good in your shop. :)

Jim O'Dell
01-06-2006, 11:14 AM
If you need to be sure before ordering, take the catalogue out to the shop and hold up the page the lathe is on...get closer or further away from the picture to try to approximate the correct sizing. What do you think??? Is it on order yet? :D :D :D Jim.

Mark Hollingsworth
01-06-2006, 2:39 PM
Dave, I know what you mean. I didn't even have my new G0555 Bandsaw out of the box when I looked on Grizzly's website and there it was! A new 18" Open End Drum Sander. Now I'm looking at it in the new catalog. This is it! This year! Although I may have to move into my shop after my wife sees that,(when I get it) as well as my other recent Grizzly additions. Hay! maybe that's not a bad idea anyway. That way when I wake up during the night(happens as you get older I hear), I can just flip on the lights and gaze at my tools. Maybe kinda like a preview of Heaven! Tools-What a great habit! Mark

Michael Ballent
01-06-2006, 2:58 PM
Took the day off from work to do things around the house like take down the Christmas lights etc… My mail comes early in the morning so I thought I would go out and get it before I started my chores. Opened the box and their it was. The new 2006 Grizzly tool catalog. Do I need to say more? As far a work around the house. It was shot for the day. Wonder how that new G0456 wood lathe will look in my shop?

Me: "Hey honey, I need a 12" disk sander"
LOML: "Really?"
Me: "Yeah Grizzly has come out with a great new 12" disk sander"
LOML: "How much is it?"
Me: "Only oh uhm about $1500...." pause "uhm $1,634.25 with shipping " nervously laughing
LOML: "How much... for a disk sander????"
Me: "Oh yeah I forgot to mention that has a lathe attached to it" :D
LOML: "Get out of here!!! go away"
Me: :o "Can't blame me for trying"
LOML: "Go...Go...Go"
Me: "Drat"

Yep that pretty much sums it up for me... A fella can dream though. Still working out how to get that lathe... :D

Jim Becker
01-06-2006, 4:03 PM
There are quite a few very useful comments and concerns on this machine cross-posted in the Turning Forum.