PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
02-08-2021, 11:36 AM
8 Feb 2021

Greetings,
I got some shop time in this past week and was able to get a cutting board made for a church friend that just had a new baby. Also got some time in the shop to work on The LOML's kitchen pantry. If all goes well, I should make decent progress on it this week as I'm about to the point of prime and paint. The new boss at the day job is still rather challenging and I'll just leave it at that. I still consider myself fortunate that I am still employed and able to pay my bills. For that....I am blessed.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
02-08-2021, 11:51 AM
'Glad you got shop time, Dennis!! Always "good soup for the soul", that is. :)

This past week I did that glass tile mosaic substrate for a client with a staved walnut rim. It was challenging and required a little, um..."craftsmanship"...to complete to my standards but the client was happen when he picked it up.

The week also involved two snow storms and the subsequent effort to clear snow. The first one was harder in that respect because it was over two days worth of multiple accumulation that was heavy and stuck together. There was a lot more digging involved (I "plow" with the front end loader on my Big Orange Power Tool from Kubota) and it took nearly 4 hours to clear about 400' of driveway and parking areas of about a foot of stuff. Yesterday's storm was easier to deal with...wet and heavy, still, but it could be pushed around easier and I was done in an hour clearing 6+" of fresh white stuff. Let's just say I didn't miss winter in the past few years when it largely didn't happen. I sure could do without it now!

As part of the potential situations for a planned "downsizing", it's very likely that I may have to be without a formal shop for a bit...off course that would also come with opportunity in the end, too. It's a balancing act, for sure.

Paul F Franklin
02-08-2021, 3:40 PM
Jim, your mosaic top looked good. Hope we get to see a pic with the mosaic in place.

My desks are starting to look like desks!

The bases are done except for attaching the drawer slides and adding a little channel that will serve as a wireway once the tops are on. On to the tops!

Jim Becker
02-08-2021, 8:16 PM
Jim, your mosaic top looked good. Hope we get to see a pic with the mosaic in place.

Me, too.........

Jim Fox
02-09-2021, 8:50 AM
My desks are starting to look like desks!

Really nice looking desk so far Paul!

I managed to get some brackets made for the new rack storage area. Just a relocation project and better executed bracket construction.

Also restored another hand plane my dad brought home many many years ago when he was an industrial arts teacher......a Stanley 9¼.

451729 451730

Rod Sheridan
02-09-2021, 11:47 AM
I hosted a Zoom virtual wood working breakfast to replace the monthly in person event.

I also worked on a small wall hung display case for a cow-worker.......Rod.

Eugene Dixon
02-09-2021, 4:54 PM
Took out an exterior door and started framing it in. Framed a new wall in a hallway to where the door was removed to make a pantry. Expanded a 24" door to a 30" door to move laundry equipment in and out (the service door between the laundry and the garage was removed and framed in the week before). Trying to learn mudding sheetrock - ugh!