PDA

View Full Version : The latest shortage

Curt Harms
02-07-2021, 9:29 AM
We were in a Walmart in Central Bucks County PA. It was well stocked except for ...... wet cat food!:eek: Except for some high $ small cans the shelf was bare. We then went into a Giant food store nearby. Same story, the wet cat food shelf was bare. What next? There was plenty of dry cat food so no starvation on the horizon but good grief.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Curt, are you implying that cats are becoming hoarders caused by the ongoing pandemic?:confused::rolleyes::D

Brian Tymchak
02-07-2021, 12:55 PM
Stocking up for the coming polar vortex?? :eek:

Nathan Johnson
02-07-2021, 12:56 PM
We have a cat that requires specific protein and we've had a lot of trouble getting her food this year. This has been an issue for most of the last year.

Bill Carey
02-07-2021, 1:25 PM
What's next here in the Indiana boonies is a shortage of propane, which I use to warm up the shop in the morning. Gonna miss it...

Jim Becker
02-07-2021, 4:07 PM
PetSmart on Street Road has plenty...

Jim Matthews
02-07-2021, 6:13 PM
Wally World out of Crackers, too?

Alex Zeller
02-07-2021, 6:27 PM
For most of the summer finding cat litter was hard. I like to buy the bulk size. It's got less trash to throw away. Yet they were rarely in the supermarket. Only the small expensive stuff was on the shelves. You never know if it's a problem or people hoarding.

Jim Matthews
02-07-2021, 8:00 PM
For most of the summer finding cat litter was hard. You never know if it's a problem or people hoarding.

If you run out, I'll send you some of the woodchips in my backyard - my neighbors' cats love it.

julian abram
02-07-2021, 9:55 PM
Geez, toilet paper, ammunition, now cat food. Things are getting worse!

Brian Elfert
02-08-2021, 7:01 AM

I didn't see any TP shortage when I bought some at Target the other day. The shelves were pretty full.

Myk Rian
02-08-2021, 3:21 PM
What's next here in the Indiana boonies is a shortage of propane, which I use to warm up the shop in the morning. Gonna miss it...
Time was they used to give it away.

Curt Harms
02-10-2021, 9:11 AM
PetSmart on Street Road has plenty...

I was in Central Jersey and stopped at a Shop Rite. They had plenty. Don't know what's going on with Giant and Walmart.

Zachary Hoyt
02-10-2021, 10:46 AM
I understand why people hoard cat food. They know that if they don't get the right kind their cats may come in the night and eat them, so it's smarter not to take the risk.

Robert Engel
02-10-2021, 10:47 AM
My wife goes to WM a lot apparently there are shelves there not completely stocked.

I was at my supplier the other day they were talking about having trouble getting enough baltic birch ply.

It can take months for supply chain issues to appear.

Mike Soaper
02-10-2021, 11:33 AM
"It was well stocked except for wet cat food!"

Who knew there's food just for wet cats.

Curt Harms
02-11-2021, 7:40 AM
I didn't see any TP shortage when I bought some at Target the other day. The shelves were pretty full.

This go-round it's not toilet paper, it's paper towels. We have enough that I haven't looked lately.

Jim Fox
02-12-2021, 10:51 AM

And it's only going to get worse!

Bill Dufour
02-17-2021, 1:52 AM
Take at look at the electrical boxes and wire at the box stores. I needed to buy about 50 feet of 12/2 Nm. The smallest roll at HD or Lowes was 250 feet after checking four locations. So I had to buy that. Lots of empty shelves. I had to go the three stores to get plastic two gang boxes under $7.00. They had quite a few of the more expensive ones with "features" at 2or3 times the price.
#14 wire they had plenty. I do not believe #14 is allowed any more in residential work.
Bil lD

Jim Becker
02-17-2021, 9:15 AM
I noticed that the inventory on some box products was low the other day when I needed to pick up a shallow old-work box I needed.

Rod Sheridan
02-17-2021, 11:14 AM
I understand why people hoard cat food. They know that if they don't get the right kind their cats may come in the night and eat them, so it's smarter not to take the risk.

I provide a written summary report to my manager on a weekly basis. During the Covid-19 pandemic I wrote a few fictional reports that were included in a weekly update to all staff that focused on our home life. This is one of my reports

"Summary Report for the week of March 29

Week 3 of Captivity

- Continuing to work from home during the Covid-19 pandemic.

- Continuing to inventory and control emergency supplies

- I have begun to fear for my life, the cat has had enough of this work from home process and has attempted to obtain weapons.

- I have hidden all the sharp objects in the house and am placing a wedge under the bedroom door at night.

Jim Becker
02-17-2021, 12:14 PM
I wonder how much coffee ended up in your manager's lap, on his desk and on his walls from that report... :) :D

Ken Fitzgerald
02-17-2021, 12:33 PM
i provide a written summary report to my manager on a weekly basis. During the covid-19 pandemic i wrote a few fictional reports that were included in a weekly update to all staff that focused on our home life. This is one of my reports

"summary report for the week of march 29

week 3 of captivity

- continuing to work from home during the covid-19 pandemic.

- continuing to inventory and control emergency supplies

- i have begun to fear for my life, the cat has had enough of this work from home process and has attempted to obtain weapons.

- i have hidden all the sharp objects in the house and am placing a wedge under the bedroom door at night.
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Ken Fitzgerald
02-17-2021, 12:34 PM
i provide a written summary report to my manager on a weekly basis. During the covid-19 pandemic i wrote a few fictional reports that were included in a weekly update to all staff that focused on our home life. This is one of my reports

"summary report for the week of march 29

week 3 of captivity

- continuing to work from home during the covid-19 pandemic.

- continuing to inventory and control emergency supplies

- i have begun to fear for my life, the cat has had enough of this work from home process and has attempted to obtain weapons.

- i have hidden all the sharp objects in the house and am placing a wedge under the bedroom door at night.

lol!:D:D:D:D

Rod Sheridan
02-17-2021, 6:57 PM
I wonder how much coffee ended up in your manager's lap, on his desk and on his walls from that report... :)

:D

Probably a fair bit Jim.....Regards, Rod