PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Room Makeover

Tom Bain
02-06-2021, 8:08 PM
Long overdue update to our Laundry room. The woodworking parts of the project are all straightforward, but this is the type of project that makes the wifey-poo super happy and give me lots of free shop-time passes :D

Jim Becker
02-06-2021, 8:39 PM
There is some cleverness and really nice design there! Great idea for the drying racks for folks who want/need them and I like how you use the black pipe for the hanger system. Really nice work, Tom!

John TenEyck
02-07-2021, 5:05 PM
I agree with Jim; that's some clever design solutions and also very nice work. You've elevated the laundry from pure utilitarian to visually appealing. What do the drying racks ride on?

John

Tom Bain
02-07-2021, 8:27 PM
It’s a relatively tight room so we spent a lot of time thinking through the best use of the limited space. I can’t take full credit for the drying racks. They are a commercially available solution ... https://dryaway.net/. However, after finding it I thought about building it myself as it’s a relatively straightforward idea that utilizes standard drawer slides. I have enough on my plate, though, so opted for the “off the shelf” product. The product is a pretty elegant design and allows us to use the ceiling height (9’ ceilings) to maximum advantage.

Phil Mueller
02-08-2021, 7:19 AM
Wow, what a great laundry room. Very nice. I’m not showing this to my wife.