PDA

View Full Version : HAMMER (Felder) news

Erik Loza
02-04-2021, 6:21 PM
I know there are lots of Hammer customers here, so wanted to share some news from Felder KG:

-Lead times continue to be a challenge but I found this very interesting: Austria hired something like 100 more workers for the production line, specifically for Hammer machines. Believe this or not, Felder broke all sales records for Hammer machines (A3's, in particular). So, "yes", desite the pandemic, we outsold any previous year. Most of that was to mainland Europe. Folks are stuck at home so what do they do? Their hobbies.

-Most of the lead times we are seeing here in the US are not because of anything internal. Felder has the personnel. The issue is the raw materials such as plate steel, fasteners, electrical components, etc. I don't need to explain to anyone how hard-hit Europe has been but that is the real bottleneck for us.

-THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE ON MARCH 1st. All the promo pricing that appears on the E-shop (or open quotes if you have one) will be nullified and new pricing goes into effect. The factory has been holding off for as long as possible on raising retail prices but it's unavoidable due to continuing logistics and raw material cost increases to us. If you are on the fence about any Hammer machine, I would strongly suggest finalizing something with your rep before the end of this month. I have creative solutions for helping customers with stuff like this, as I imagine our other US reps do, but those conversations need to be settled before the end of this month if you want to avoid the price increase.

On a more positive note, I am told that they are adding some new machines to the Hammer lineup this year. Not sure what but the new HS950 sander has been a huge hit, so I'm optimistic it will be something with same performance/value proposition. Also, I'm told that a new E-shop platform is in the works. This is very exciting, since using the current version is like the "netscape navigator" of online shopping experiences. Not sure when but that's definitely something to look forward to.

Erik

Pat Rice
02-04-2021, 6:39 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Erik Loza
02-05-2021, 9:42 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sure thing, Pat. One thing I have noticed is that due to this whole situation, there seems to be steadier stream of updates coming to us from Austria. The situation is so dynamic that they are pretty much forced to maintain an ongoing conversation about the logistical side of things. I expect it to be rough (as far as lead times) for at least the first half of this year but my sense is that in the long run, we will actually see an overall improvement in Hammer lead times compared to how it was, beforehand.

Erik

Shree Vasan
02-05-2021, 3:48 PM
Thanks for the update Erik! I am one of those people on the fence. My situation is complicated by the fact we will be relocating from the mid-west to CO. I can order the unit but may not have an address to deliver the saw to!!! So need to think of some creative options. All the best.

Phil Mueller
02-06-2021, 7:12 AM
As I’m sure you’re aware, you’re not alone. As consumers, we will continue to see price increases due to logistics issues. Many of the manufacturers I work with have, or will soon, raise prices to cover at least some of the logistics/supply chain cost increases.
They can just no longer absorb the added cost.

In some cases, manufacturers I work with have initially indicated the increase in cost would be passed on to the retailer while keeping down consumer pricing. But, as a retailer, we can’t continue to absorb that and survive. Margins are already tight. Aggressive push back by retailers has convinced many of our manufacturers to raise UMAP pricing.

And like you, in spite of - or because of - Covid lockdowns we had a record year. Part of our product line up is office chairs/sit stand desks..and we can’t keep them in stock. Fortunately (knock on wood), we have not experienced any major delays in product availability or order to delivery times...yet.

Erik Loza
02-08-2021, 10:33 AM
Phil, that makes sense: Everyone WFH. I built a sit-stand desk (my own top on a Jarvis frame) around the middle of the year and love it.

Erik

Rod Sheridan
02-09-2021, 11:20 AM
Yes, sales of monitors, headsets, office furniture etc are through the roof.

I was on one call that included people outside of the company I work for, and I was in the shop.

10 minutes into the meeting it's "hey Rod, are you in your shop?" with me saying yes, followed by "could we have a tour?". So a 5 minute interruption in the meeting as we go through the machinery and other stuff. It was a nice break.

The past year has been a lot different..........Rod.

Erik Loza
02-09-2021, 5:24 PM
Quick update with more interesting news out of Austria: Apparently, the demand for Hammer machines is so strong that Felder KG is looking at breaking ground on a new facility in Tirol, specifically to handle this product line. No clue as to the "when/if" but that is promising news in any case. We had a company-wide zoom call last week. My request to Felder was that we use the pandemic as an opportunity to revisit general lead times on A3's. It seems unlikely that we will ever get to the point where we have a bunch of un-sold ones just hanging around our warehouses but if we can get the usual lead times down to a month or so, that would be awesome. And they seemed to hear me.

On another very positive note: Felder is actually gearing up in 2021. Our January 2021 sales were better by a fair margin than our January 2020 numbers. In other words, we are very optimistic about the upcoming year! In other good news, we apparently have been budgeted to hire quite a few more employees. Service will get some of those slots but the part I am most excited about is that we are going to be hiring for inside sales support personnel. Exciting stuff.

Erik

Jim Becker
02-09-2021, 7:54 PM
Erik, I think that Felder/Hammer and other similar manufacturers are also benefiting by the growing number of folks who are realizing the advantages of J/P machines in the small shop scenario. Forums like this are certainly not hurting demand generation, either. But that market isn't benefiting from long waits. So I do hope these companies do find ways to increase production so distribution points can be more likely to serve from stock or from near-term arriving inventory to take advantage of the growing demand.

Erik Loza
02-10-2021, 10:14 AM
Jim, I think you're right. This is funny: When I started with Felder in 2003, if we got a sales call for a Hammer machine, we all drew straws to see who would have to take it. None of us wanted to talk with customers about an A3 back then: Funny colors, straight-knife cutterhead that was proprietary, and still not inexpensive. It was more of a curiosity back in those days. Man, how things have changed. If I'm looking into my crystal ball, there will probably come a day here in the US where we have reps whose only job is to handle Hammer orders. If anyone in the Sacramento, Los Angeles, Dallas, or Philly areas has someone like a recent high school or vo-tech grad who wants to start out in sales support, then work their way up into possibly a full-time sales role in this industry, we want to talk to them.

Erik

Rod Wolfy
02-11-2021, 2:08 PM
Thanks for the update Erik! I am one of those people on the fence. My situation is complicated by the fact we will be relocating from the mid-west to CO. I can order the unit but may not have an address to deliver the saw to!!! So need to think of some creative options. All the best.

I wouldn't worry about your not having a place to put it. I ordered my machine (paid down-payment) over 8 months ago. Still haven't heard any shipping news to California. Even if you order now, probably a 6 to 8 month wait!

William Leong
02-13-2021, 6:29 PM
I just joined Sawmill Creek forum. Any idea how much the price increase will be starting in March?

Julie Moriarty
02-21-2021, 12:18 PM
Appreciate the updates, Erik. I ordered some inserts and table extensions for my A3-31 on January 5th. Still no word on shipping. I sent them an email yesterday asking for an update. I was really hoping to have the parts by now because the work I'm doing would be a lot easier.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Rod Wolfy
02-22-2021, 10:31 AM
I was told that my machine (originally scheduled for December, then February, will now leave around April...

Erik Loza
02-24-2021, 9:40 AM
Gang, sorry about the late replies. Austin got hit pretty hard with the storms last week. Between the power being out and dealing with plumbing repairs, just haven't logged in. Here goes....

Any idea how much the price increase will be starting in March?

William, no idea. That's all controlled by Austria. We (sales team) don't know, ourselves, until they actually update the pricing on the E-shop and an in the quoting software we use.

Appreciate the updates, Erik. I ordered some inserts and table extensions for my A3-31 on January 5th. Still no word on shipping. I sent them an email yesterday asking for an update. I was really hoping to have the parts by now because the work I'm doing would be a lot easier.

Julie, unfortunately, Sales works in a different database than Logistics, so we don't have much visibility into the when's of customer orders through the E-shop. My suggestion would be to email US Customer Service directly: customerservice (dash) us (at) felder (dash) group (dot) com

I was told that my machine (originally scheduled for December, then February, will now leave around April...

Rod, here is the situation: We have entire batches of machines that are mostly complete but basically parked on standby, waiting on miscellaneous small parts like electrical stuff, aluminum extrusions, fasteners, etc. Again, Felder is not the bottleneck: We have the personnel. The ongoing Covid situation continues to slow down the supply chain for lots of the downstream stuff. Wish I had a better answer but that's the honest truth.

Erik

Julie Moriarty
02-25-2021, 7:23 AM
Julie, unfortunately, Sales works in a different database than Logistics, so we don't have much visibility into the when's of customer orders through the E-shop. My suggestion would be to email US Customer Service directly: customerservice (dash) us (at) felder (dash) group (dot) com

Erik

Thank you for the reply, Erik.

I placed the order through JuanCarlos Puente. I just saw his reply. The order was "lost in cyber space". The project is almost done now with only a few jobs left where the extension tables would be beneficial. If I knew they could be shipped out immediately, I'd replace the order, but it from everything I'm seeing, that's not likely. It's unfortunate because those extension tables would really have come in handy.

Erik Loza
02-25-2021, 10:22 AM
Thank you for the reply, Erik.

I placed the order through JuanCarlos Puente. I just saw his reply. The order was "lost in cyber space". The project is almost done now with only a few jobs left where the extension tables would be beneficial. If I knew they could be shipped out immediately, I'd replace the order, but it from everything I'm seeing, that's not likely. It's unfortunate because those extension tables would really have come in handy.

Gotcha', Julie. I am hopeful that once they roll out this new E-shop platform (whenever it happens), it will be more like an Amazon experience and you can track your own order, etc.

Also, for any folks ordering now: Please expect slow delivery times. Again, the pandemic seems to be slowing down everything and anything logistics-related. This is the case with any European company and will be for a while.

Erik

Jon Snider
02-26-2021, 4:52 PM
Erik, As a happy owner of a K700 it is nice to have you here on SMC.

Erik Loza
02-27-2021, 9:05 AM
Erik, As a happy owner of a K700 it is nice to have you here on SMC.

Thank you, Jon!

Erik

Erik Loza
03-08-2021, 9:49 AM
Folks: Spring Specials E-brochure + Cliff notes here: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?290223-FELDER-Spring-Specials-E-brochure

Erik

Erik Loza
03-18-2021, 10:22 AM
OK, gang, news out of Austria: Spring promotions will end on March 31st. So, I will bang the same drum as always. "If you are sitting on the fence about any machine or hemming and hawing about that quote you received, get with your rep NOW and figure something out". We all have ways to reserve pricing/work with your garage or shop build timeline/etc. but if you want to take advantage of the saving, those conversations need to happen this month. Lead times will be long for the foreseeable future, so you will still have a wait, except that you will pay more for the exact same machine. Also, there will be a general price increase on June 1st. This is unavoidable and certainly won't be the last time. The pandemic is still a huge monkeywrench in the logistics and raw materials supply chains and we, unfortunately, must pass those costs on to the customer. Something else I want to share with the group is that we are experiencing some delays as far as Felder and Hammer accessories go. Again, pandemic-related. So, please be patient with accessory orders.

On a brighter note, we just learned that Austria is going to be putting together packages of new-built machines for each of the US showrooms. This is great news for the sales team, since our showrooms have basically been empty since the pandemic started. In the past, we have made showroom machines available to sell to any of the US reps. Maybe good for individual reps but bad for the sales team as a whole. My understanding is that moving forward, showroom machines are display-only, and only will be offered for sale once a newer model becomes available. Also, for folks who are curious about Felder's "PCS (Preventive Contact System)" blade-stopping system, it can actually be ordered now. In fact, I believe one of our East Coast reps sold a couple already. For my own knowledge, I configured a Kappa 550 with PCS, just to see. I'm not willing to discuss pricing on the open forum but will say this:
1.) The cost of the option seems fair for what you get.
2.) "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it". This is a unique feature (there are a couple of possible competitors but they are either vaporware or still in the R&D stage; Felder are the only ones who can actually deliver an operational system that does what it promises) and only offered on a top-of-the line machines. So, please don't ask unless you are already OK with spending the cost of a new automobile for just the saw, itself.

Erik

Julie Moriarty
03-18-2021, 11:36 AM
Felder are the only ones who can actually deliver an operational system that does what it promises

With all due respect, Erik, the "operational" part of your quote isn't quite accurate. The machine may or may not arrive ready to operate. The new owner may need to make adjustments to make it accurately function.

That wouldn't be that big a deal if Felder provided detailed instructions on how to make those adjustments. But after I bought my A3-31, there were no such instructions to be found, either online or accompanying the machine. It's up to the owner to either hire Felder to set up the machine or do an exhaustive search trying to find the instructions.

It probably took me a week to get the information I needed. Even my rep had to do some digging to find some of what I was looking for and I still needed to find the rest myself.

I know Felder is aware of this complaint. My rep told me. He also said Felder is geared more for the professional shop but they sell a lot of units to people like the members here. I do a LOT of woodworking and I make money doing so, but I can't justify forking down thousands for one of their machines only to have to pay a Felder service tech to adjust the machine every time it needs it. There SHOULD be detailed instructions available.

Every time I've considered buying another Felder made machine, the thought I'd have to pull teeth again to get a proper guide for setting up the machine turns me off.

Erik Loza
03-18-2021, 3:52 PM
Julie, my comment was specifically about the PCS system. With regards to the rest of your post, It seems like you aren't happy but I will politely add that we do, in fact, deliver every machine fully operational (excluding the rare case of freight damage) but it seems to me like your issue was not with operation as much as calibration. Felder does offer a commissioning/calibration service for any machine, including A3's. In fact, every customer is required to check "yes" or "no" on the sales agreement before their rep submits the order. I can't speak for other reps but to customers who use their equipment to make a living with, I suggest paying for the calibration service. It's a small cost in the long run and will avoid everything you are complaining about. For an A3, that would be a one-time service and the machine should then be good-to-go for the rest of its life. PM me offline if you want me to connect you with Service Planning.

Erik

Julie Moriarty
03-19-2021, 9:57 AM
My point, Erik, is that Felder should supply a manual for buyers of their machines to guide us through the calibration process. I don't believe that's too much to ask but apparently, Felder disagrees.

As for the A3-31. I have it properly calibrated now and it works beautifully. The only frustrating part was getting the info to make those calibrations initially. My rep was very helpful but even he was frustrated with how difficult it was to obtain directions on how to calibrate the machine. My frustration was never with the reps or the equipment, only the decision makers at Felder.

Erik Loza
03-19-2021, 12:54 PM
Julie, first, I'm glad you are happy with your machine now. One of the biggest challenges we (sales reps) face is that sometimes, we never really have any idea what the skill level or expectation is for our customer, especially the one-person operation. That is not necessarily anybody's fault but can be be a problem. Sometimes, a customer doesn't know what they don't know and we don't know what they don't know. For example, I could sell a dozen A3's and of that dozen, 11 of those customers could be handy enough to tackle any adjustment issues without needing support from Felder but perhaps one customer just doesn't have the skill set to handle it without a manual and perhaps even they didn't realize this, going in. It seems like you are happy with your machine now, which is all that matters, but here is my advice to anyone else reading this

-Most of my customers have not needed or required commissioning on their Hammer machines (or even smaller Felders). Maybe this is because they have the aptitude to handle adjustments themselves or maybe it is because their machines arrived in good working tolerance for what they needed. Or maybe some combination of both? I don't know but this is the case.

-If someone is shopping for a machine and worried about it arriving out of calibration or that needed tweaking might be beyond their abilities, then PAY FOR COMMISSIONING.

-If you took delivery of a machine and still can't get it adjusted yourself, then call Service Planning and ARRANGE AND PAY FOR COMMISSIONING. We can offer this service any time.

Having worked as long as I have in the Euro jointer/planer industry, I can say without hesitation that Felder has the best after-sale support staff of anyone. There is nobody else a customer will buy from where you can call and speak to a real technician who whose job it is to know only this type of machine. I realize that German/Austrian setup documentation might not be what some folks are expecting but I do firmly believe that we make for it on the human side of customer service.

Erik

Christopher Glanton
03-19-2021, 1:27 PM
Hi Erik, I was looking at the A3-31, but my shop is located in an out building 300' in the backyard. So I was wondering how the unit arrives when delivered. Is it in separate boxes that I might be able to move the machine in parts, 700# is way too heavy to get back there in one piece.

Thanks
Chris

Erik Loza
03-19-2021, 1:36 PM
Hi Erik, I was looking at the A3-31, but my shop is located in an out building 300' in the backyard. So I was wondering how the unit arrives when delivered. Is it in separate boxes that I might be able to move the machine in parts, 700# is way too heavy to get back there in one piece.

Thanks
Chris

Chris, you are correct: We can only deliver to curbside. That being said, A3's are pretty easy to move as far as industrial equipment goes. They come assembled, on open-framed pallet. What is the terrain like for your 300'?

Erik

Christopher Glanton
03-19-2021, 3:52 PM
Chris, you are correct: We can only deliver to curbside. That being said, A3's are pretty easy to move as far as industrial equipment goes. They come assembled, on open-framed pallet. What is the terrain like for your 300'?

Erik

I have 10 steps leading to a astroturf area(our septic field) that's about 200 feet long to the woodshop. Not easy access.

Rod Wolfy
03-20-2021, 1:53 PM
Eric, I would agree that Felder/Hammer should provide a basic adjustment manual & it wouldn't be hard for them to do. For example, my SawStop has a great one. Spiral bound and all (like Brian Lamb's manual was); but, even something simple. Like my SuperMax drum sander has a few pages about "loosen this & tighten that" to get the table adjusted & aligned.

Christopher, check out this thread for a look at a shipped machine: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?290101-Hammer-A3-41A-Jointer-It%92s-Alive

You should be able figure out if you could move it with a tractor or rental machine.

Erik Loza
03-22-2021, 10:34 AM
I have 10 steps leading to a astroturf area(our septic field) that's about 200 feet long to the woodshop. Not easy access.

Chris, I can think of several possible ways to get your machine to the shop but your best bet might be to hire riggers. They'll be insured, bonded, and experienced with this sort of thing. I assume you will have other equipment going to the shop, too. They can do all of it.

Erik

Mick Simon
03-23-2021, 5:43 PM
... your best bet might be to hire riggers.

Erik

+1 You may run into trouble as I did finding a rigger who will do a residential placement. Many are not insured for it. That's what I ran into taking delivery of my slider recently.

Matthew Hills
03-23-2021, 7:23 PM
Eric, I would agree that Felder/Hammer should provide a basic adjustment manual.

Do the machines not include any info on maintenance/adjustment/troubleshooting?

Matt

Erik Loza
03-25-2021, 12:31 PM
+1 You may run into trouble as I did finding a rigger who will do a residential placement. Many are not insured for it. That's what I ran into taking delivery of my slider recently.

That's interesting Mick. I'll have to remember this. Most of my customers who have needing rigging have been pro shops, now that I think about it.

Do the machines not include any info on maintenance/adjustment/troubleshooting? Matt

Matt, yes they do. There is fairly comprehensive manual included with every Felder/Hammer machine. In fact, it contains quite a bit of technical data due to CE rules. I think the real issue is that if you ask six different owners what they expect out of a manual, you will probably get six different answers. Some owners expectation could be just as simple as an explosion diagram. For others, perhaps they expect something to the effect of, "Turn this knob with your left hand while holding the wrench with your right hand". I'm exaggerating but you get the idea. All this being said, I've sold as many A3's as anyone and here are my experiences:

-Calibration pdf's are available from Felder Service. I've seen them posted on various bloggers' sites, too, so they are definitely available and out there.
-I have yet to have any A3 customer of mine require calibration of the machine. 99% of questions seem able to be answered over the phone and seem more setup/operation-related than actual machine issues.
-We a full-time tech support staff with a direct phone line that is available 8:00-5:00, M-F. They are actual human beings who know these machines very well, which seems to be a rarity in this industry these days.
-Like I said before, if all this is too scary for you and you just don't want to hassle worry about it, then PAY FOR COMMISSIONING.

Thanks and I hope this all makes sense.

Erik

Erik Loza
04-06-2021, 10:21 AM
Some quick news to share:

-We apparently broke our own sales record for the first quarter of any year, this year. Some of that was advanced machinery (CNC's, edgebanders, beam saws, etc.) but the bulk of it was standard/classical machines like combos, sliding panel saws, etc. So, despite the pandemic, demand is at an all-time high.

-We are developing an in-house live chat feature that will allow individual reps to give virtual machine demos to customers in a much better way than the little bot-type chat feature that we often see in the lower-right corner of websites. Since we have practically no machines in any US showroom at the moment and covid has put the kibosh on in-person customer referrals, this should be a nice tool to help folks get more info for their decision making.

-Lead times on Hammer A3's continue to be challenging. I don't know what to tell anyone other than, "It will be like this for a while". So, I would encourage anyone in the market for an A3 to just be patient and get in line like everyone else.

-We are starting to see some slowdowns in LTL delivery services and of course, rising delivery costs. Our logistics department does their best to get competitive freight quotes for customers but he told us that it's really a moving target these days. Deliveries are costing more and taking longer, so please be advised.

-We had been informed that the Hammer promos were to expire at the end of March but I still see them on the E-shop. I emailed product management about this with a "WTH?"-type message, since we had been pushing customers to get their orders in while the promo was still active. Haven't heard back yet but it's possible they just haven't updated the E-shop landing pages (huge surprise there). So, I guess we will honor whatever the lowest price on the E-shop shows.

Erik

Tom Bain
04-10-2021, 8:24 PM
Got my order in for a HS950 last week. Lead time didn’t seem to be too bad on that one.

Erik Loza
04-14-2021, 9:20 AM
Got my order in for a HS950 last week. Lead time didn’t seem to be too bad on that one.

That's great news. I see bunch more on our inventory pipeline but lead time is unclear. If I had to guess, sometime in Q4 2021.

Erik

Matthew Hills
05-04-2021, 10:28 AM
Nice to see the new Felder how-to videos on youtube for tuning up the tools.
Would be good to get an index to them somewhere using common search terms (i.e., which ones are "snipe", etc.)
I haven't checked all, but I think the one labelled "How to Angle Adjustment at the Crosscut Fence" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9s0Ev9HJRI) is actually replacing a bandsaw tire.
Matt

Erik Loza
05-04-2021, 10:52 AM
Nice to see the new Felder how-to videos on youtube for tuning up the tools.
Would be good to get an index to them somewhere using common search terms (i.e., which ones are "snipe", etc.)
I haven't checked all, but I think the one labelled "How to Angle Adjustment at the Crosscut Fence" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9s0Ev9HJRI) is actually replacing a bandsaw tire.
Matt

Matt, Felder KG actually just updated the homepage with a TON of how-to videos for the Hammer A3, the Felder K700S sliding panel saw, and some other stuff: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/service/how-to-videos

I actually had no idea this page even existed until earlier this week. Our head sales trainer for standard machines, who is in Austria, asked me if I know about it. I replied, "No". His reply, "Well, neither did I", LOL. I'm going to start sending out a link in my template emails to any customer I sell an A3 to. Really covers almost everything. I also suggested that they make this page a little more obvious or easy to find. It's not easy to find right now. They seemed to hear that.

Erik

Steve Wurster
05-04-2021, 1:59 PM
Matt, Felder KG actually just updated the homepage with a TON of how-to videos for the Hammer A3, the Felder K700S sliding panel saw, and some other stuff: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/service/how-to-videos

I actually had no idea this page even existed until earlier this week. Our head sales trainer for standard machines, who is in Austria, asked me if I know about it. I replied, "No". His reply, "Well, neither did I", LOL. I'm going to start sending out a link in my template emails to any customer I sell an A3 to. Really covers almost everything. I also suggested that they make this page a little more obvious or easy to find. It's not easy to find right now. They seemed to hear that.

Erik

Looks like they also put most(?) of them onto the Felder Group's YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/c/FELDERGROUPTV/videos), which is nice because it's all but impossible to click the "View On YouTube" option on the videos on their web page. These videos will be very helpful though. Thanks!

Erik Loza
05-07-2021, 9:53 AM
Looks like they also put most(?) of them onto the Felder Group's YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/c/FELDERGROUPTV/videos), which is nice because it's all but impossible to click the "View On YouTube" option on the videos on their web page. These videos will be very helpful though. Thanks!

*Like* emoji

Erik

Erik Loza
05-21-2021, 10:33 AM
Hey gang, just a heads-up: General price increase coming on June 1st. Due to pandemic-related price increases passed down to us from our component and raw material suppliers. If you have an open quote, get your rep a deposit now. Lead times won't change. All that happens is that you pay more for the exact same machine but still have to wait.

Erik

Erik Loza
06-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Update, folks:

-The price increase happened (as expected) and I expect another one by at least Q4/2021. The cost of raw materials such as cast iron and steel continues to rise and, unfortunately, that cost must be absorbed by the end user.

-Lead times continue to be long and supply continues to be limited. Felder KG actually grew during 2020 but demand is still out-pacing supply. I'm sure it's the same for our other US reps but I find myself being very direct with customers lately. If you are at all asking for specific pricing, please expect me to hound you about getting an order in place. Not because I'm a used car sales guy but because there are a dozen US sales reps all selling from the same limited pool of available machines and there have been quite a few instances lately where guys wanted to take time to "think about it". Lo and behold, they call me the next morning to place their order, only to hear that another rep sold that machine while they were thinking about it. Then, it's another six month wait. So, I am not hounding you to get a sale. I am hounding you so that you don't lose your machine, have to wait forever, get stuck with a price increase, etc.

On the good side, some encouraging news:

-Felder USA is beefing up. We've hired several techs in the last few months also just brought back a veteran sales rep for one of the Eastern territories.

-The Las Vegas show is around the corner and we should have a nice booth. If you want free tickets, here is the link: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/awfs-2021

-Deals will be available for the Vegas show. Attendance not necessary. Reach out to your territory rep (or PM me and I'll connect you) for more info.

Erik

Pat Rice
06-09-2021, 3:37 PM
Erik, truly appreciate your efforts to keep us informed, thanks

Erik Loza
06-09-2021, 5:29 PM
Erik, truly appreciate your efforts to keep us informed, thanks

You bet, Pat. Hope to see you in Atlanta next summer.

Erik

Joel Wesseling
06-10-2021, 9:24 PM
Thanks! Secured my order for HS950 last week.

I'm really curious about new models from hammer. Any news?

Erik Loza
06-11-2021, 10:35 AM
Thanks! Secured my order for HS950 last week. I'm really curious about new models from hammer. Any news?

I've heard rumors about a new small slider. The K2? Don't recall, exactly. Basically, everything related to new product R&D got put on hold in 2020, to focus on the production side of things or to complete existing new projects on some of the bigger machines like edgebanders and CNC routers. I'll share any updates as I get them but not expecting much for the remainder of 2021.

I think you will be really pleased with the HS-950. An engine hoist (or couple of additional strong backs) is very useful for assembling it, BTW.

Erik

Joel Wesseling
06-12-2021, 6:10 AM
Thanks, Erik.

I was hoping Hammer will offer a value packed wide sander - I'm looking at drum units, possibly Woodmaster.

The bucket on my Kubota will do the lifting.. I could use HS-950 right now for 800 small pieces I have to sand - Looks like I'll be using the ros.

Erik Loza
06-13-2021, 11:11 AM
Thanks, Erik.

I was hoping Hammer will offer a value packed wide sander - I'm looking at drum units, possibly Woodmaster.

The bucket on my Kubota will do the lifting.. I could use HS-950 right now for 800 small pieces I have to sand - Looks like I'll be using the ros.

I’m not aware of any drum sanders on the horizon but will keep an ear open. Your tractor sounds like just the ticket.

Erik

Erik Loza
06-21-2021, 12:55 PM
OK, folks: Here is the Independence Day promo e-brochure from the factory. If you are in our database, you may receive it in physical mailer form. It is based around the Las Vegas show but again, you don't need to attend to take advantage of the deals:

https://fms.felder-group.com/Aktionen/Idependence-Day-promotion-2021/FE_SOA21_USA_2021/

One quick note: There are some used smaller machines like Hammer A3's and bandsaws in it. Those have all sold locally. Mentioning this because it could appear that we have new A3's available right now, which is not the case. Thanks and call your area Felder rep with any questions.

Erik

Pat Rice
06-28-2021, 9:30 AM
Erik, any guess on when HS950 might be available if ordered now? E-shop say Oct 2021, but I’m thinking next year.

Mike Stelts
06-28-2021, 11:57 AM
I ordered on last month and it's due in December.

Erik Loza
06-28-2021, 2:24 PM
Erik, any guess on when HS950 might be available if ordered now? E-shop say Oct 2021, but I’m thinking next year.

I would guess the latter. I see a bunch that are committed to the US but under estimate arrival cycle, it says "N/A yet". Anything that is truly coming in October would already have an arrival cycle assigned to it. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Erik

Joseph Montroy
07-01-2021, 2:51 PM
We just put in an order for a A3-41 for our MHS tech department. They projected December for delivery as well. Can't wait, it'll be a huge improvement over what's currently in the wood shop!

Erik Loza
07-02-2021, 11:20 AM
We just put in an order for a A3-41 for our MHS tech department. They projected December for delivery as well. Can't wait, it'll be a huge improvement over what's currently in the wood shop!

Congrats! It will be worth the wait.

Erik

Erik Loza
07-15-2021, 8:59 AM
Quick update, folks: We are all gearing up to leave for Las Vegas. The biggest industry show of the year is next week. For anyone who is or will be calling or emailing Felder USA, please be advised that most of our sales team and technicians will be at the show, so please be patient with emails, call backs, etc. This is the craziest time of the year and things just take longer because of it. I will share some pics from the show once I get there.

Erik

Erik Loza
08-10-2021, 9:33 AM
Monthly update: Some light at the end of the tunnel as far as Hammer production goes. The factory has been investing in more production specifically for Hammers and it look like lead times are tightening up. Still longer than many of us would like but no longer ridiculous, IMO. We are still delays regarding domestic delivery, in particular at the west coast ports, but that is not in anyone's control.

Since the show in Vegas, we have gotten lots of inquires about two smaller pieces of equipment, the Hammer HS-950 edge sander and the FAT-series lifting tables. On the HS-950's, we have a bunch that are slated to get to the US around the end of the year. If you are thinking about one of those, get with your rep soon. Once word gets out that there is an actual delivery window, I can see them going fast. On the FAT-series lifting tables, I wish it were otherwise but lead time is in the same ballpark as the HS-950's. Reason for this is that we actually fabricate these with drop pieces leftover from CNC router frames (no, they are not a re-badged Barth table) so as you can image, if CNC router production is taking longer than usual, so is FAT table production.

Erik

Hicks Benedict
08-19-2021, 3:56 AM
Particularly, the oscillating edge sander hammer is my favorite as it comes through in demanding jobs that require edge sanding.

Erik Loza
08-20-2021, 9:42 AM
Particularly, the oscillating edge sander hammer is my favorite as it comes through in demanding jobs that require edge sanding.

That little machine is tough to beat for the price. Seems like everyone I talk to, who owns one, loves it.

Erik

Steve Wurster
08-20-2021, 5:34 PM
That little machine is tough to beat for the price. Seems like everyone I talk to, who owns one, loves it.

Erik

I really want to get one, but seriously doubt there's room for it in my shop! LOL

Erik Loza
08-20-2021, 5:58 PM
I really want to get one, but seriously doubt there's room for it in my shop! LOL

Put casters on it and use it as a mobile storage table when you're not operating it. You telling me that if one miraculously showed up in your driveway, you wouldn't have the room? :D

Erik

Steve Wurster
08-21-2021, 10:30 AM
Put casters on it and use it as a mobile storage table when you're not operating it. You telling me that if one miraculously showed up in your driveway, you wouldn't have the room? :D

Erik

Ha ha! I think you overestimate the size of my basement shop. It's already tight in there, with me having to store most tools against the wall and slide them out one-at-a-time to use them. There's no room in there for that sander, unfortunately. I think even if I rearranged a few things, I still wouldn't have room. We plan to move some day, and hopefully that new shop will have room for that sander or an equivalent.

Plus if it showed up in my driveway I would need to find a way to get it down into the basement. It was an adventure getting the A3-31 down there, and even more of an adventure getting the K3 Winner down there, and the guys that helped me with those jobs aren't readily available these days. I still have no idea how I'm going to get those units out of there whenever it is we do move. Ha ha!

Erik Loza
10-06-2021, 12:27 PM
OK, folks: Some news from the factory side.

-A price increase just occurred and I foresee another one after the new year. The costs of raw materials and logistics in Europe continues to rise and it seems unlikely that this will improve any time soon. As always, "waiting only costs you more. The machine doesn't get here sooner". We (US sales team) have been given a pretty long leash as far as creativity in securing machines for customers with smaller-than-usual deposits, etc. Call your Felder rep if you are on the fence about that machine. We will find a way to make it work for both parties.

-Lead times on anything new-built still suck but on the positive side, I am looking at my production pipeline for the US and we have a surprisingly good quantity of machines (including Hammer A3's and HS950's) that are available and actually scheduled for delivery the US over the next six months, which is great news. We're moving into Q4, which is always the busiest sales period of the year. So, "if" you are thinking about something, get while the getting can be got.

Erik

Ashwini Kaul
10-07-2021, 8:40 AM
Erik, thanks for the updates!
Can you pls send me information about who to contact for my area in upstate NY (Syracuse)?
Looking to get the A3. Have the same concern about getting it into my basement. Does it come fully Assembled? Or needs some assembly. The latter would be it easier to haul it down basement stairs.

Erik Loza
10-07-2021, 5:40 PM
Ashwini, please PM me your contact info and I'll have one one of the Northeast reps connect with you. A3's come fully assembled. It will require some planning to get it down the stairs but absolutely do-able. In the past, I've had customers lay OSB or plywood, with some rug scraps, on the staircase and then ease the machine down with block and tackle. A piano moving crew could probably make quick work of getting an A3 down stairs like this. Thanks,

Erik

Erik, thanks for the updates!
Can you pls send me information about who to contact for my area in upstate NY (Syracuse)?
Looking to get the A3. Have the same concern about getting it into my basement. Does it come fully Assembled? Or needs some assembly. The latter would be it easier to haul it down basement stairs.

Rod Sheridan
10-07-2021, 5:46 PM
I moved my A3-31 down the stairs myself, then moved my B3 Winner downstairs myself.

I winched both down the stairs and it went well.

If you want photographs please PM me your email address and I’ll send you some…..Regards, Rod

Erik Loza
10-13-2021, 12:34 PM
Unrelated: Here is the new 2021+ catalog from Felder KG. This will be the new format (digital e-magazine) moving forward. No more of those giant silver books, for those who have one. It's pretty nice. Hope you enjoy,

Erik

https://fms.felder-group.com/Magalog/Magalog_EUS/

Eugene Dixon
10-14-2021, 9:54 AM
Impressive.

Erik Loza
11-02-2021, 2:34 PM
OK, gang. Felder KG just released this Thanksgiving promo E-flier: https://fms.felder-group.com/Aktionen/HA/2021/FE_HA21_2021_US_Gewerbe/

Good time to stock up accessories or tooling. Also, discounts should appear on the E-shop (https://us.feldershop.com/). One important point regarding this flier: A bunch of trade-in/freight-damaged-but-repaired-for-sale machines appear in the back. Most of those (including all A3's) are sold. Just a few of the bigger industrial machines left now.

On that note, we're into the 4th quarter of 2021, which is the busiest sales period of the year. Things are really picking up, especially in the smaller Standard/Classical range (jointer/planers, sliding table saws, combo machines, etc.). For those of you who are sitting on the fence about a machine, NOW is the time to call your rep. Lead times are not ideal but there is nothing any of us can do about that. There is a limited number of machines available and all US sales reps are selling from that pool. This pool is getting smaller on a weekly basis. I personally have spoken to several customers who were serious but also "wanted time to think about it". They call me back after the weekend and sure enough, that machine got sold in the meantime by some other Felder rep. Suddenly, four months turns into eight. Holiday promo pricing on machinery will be here very soon, so now is the time if you want anything at all during 2022. Thanks,

Erik

Erik Loza
12-01-2021, 9:02 AM
Folks, some quick updates:

-We are being told that Christmas promo pricing on tooling and accessories should get loaded to the E-shop in the next week or two. I believe Austria will do an email blast but if not, just keep an eye on the E-shop.

-Holiday promo pricing on NEW machinery orders is active now. If you've been thinking about a new Felder/Hammer machine, get with your rep now. There will be a price increase coming at some point in Q1-2022. Get in line now to protect yourselves from that price increase.

-Lead times are getting better on the smaller standard machines but they are also selling very quickly. We sold a LOT of Hammer A3's and HS-950 sanders over the Thanksgiving break but still have some available with not-unreasonable delivery times.

-Austria re-launched the E-shop. New look, navigation is a little herky-jerky but they're working on it. There were some bugs in the delivery prices it was calculating, particularly for actual machines. Sorry on behalf of Felder KG for any confusion there.

Erik

Erik Loza
12-03-2021, 1:26 PM
Hip Tip: Please use CHROME to access the Felder website and/or E-shop. I've talked to a number of folks who are having issues with logging in. It seems like the new site does not like Safari/Firefox/goduck/etc. Chrome is stable. of course, all the same help tips like clearing cookies still applies.

Erik

James S Lang
12-04-2021, 8:35 PM
I ordered in May and just got notice that my A3-41 is showing up this month (apparently). I know it will be worth the wait, but man, 7 months hurts.

Rod Wolfy
12-05-2021, 2:51 PM
I ordered in May and just got notice that my A3-41 is showing up this month (apparently). I know it will be worth the wait, but man, 7 months hurts.

Take heart! I ordered in June of 2020 and didn't receive mine until July 2021.

I was using it today. A very fine machine!

Erik Loza
12-15-2021, 9:20 AM
Folks, here is the link to holiday specials in the Felder E-shop: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/shop/sale

My understanding is that these prices will be valid until January 17th. Also, I have confirmation from the factory that we will be seeing a general price increase some time in February. As always, get your orders in now.

Erik

Malcolm McLeod
12-15-2021, 10:15 AM
Folks, here is the link to holiday specials in the Felder E-shop: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/shop/sale...

Cleaning up the drool.;) The Automatic Start and Transformer Coil(s) look interesting (from my 'automation' perspective). I have been contemplating building my own, so it caught my eye. A variable off-delay time might be a marketing boon?

Erik Loza
12-16-2021, 10:14 AM
Cleaning up the drool.;) The Automatic Start and Transformer Coil(s) look interesting (from my 'automation' perspective). I have been contemplating building my own, so it caught my eye. A variable off-delay time might be a marketing boon?

Funny: We seem to take a lot of orders for those through the E-shop and often, from ducting companies. I personally don't deal much with dust collection but maybe these are hard to come by, domestically?

Unrelated, for folks in the market for new machinery, call your Felder reps. I am seeing a few instances where customers (for a variety of reasons) are unable to take machinery they ordered earlier this year. In these cases, such machines go back into the "available" pool for all US reps. So, there are some machines potentially available with very short lead times. Again, contact your Felder rep if interested.

Erik

Erik Loza
01-11-2022, 9:39 AM
Ya'll consider yourselves advised. This will be across the board: Machines, parts, accessories, everything...

Erik471470

Mr. Jeff Smith
01-15-2022, 7:01 AM
I am fortunate to be near receiving delivery on some Hammer machines. Have eye on another, but want to get those I ordered this past summer experienced some before making the decision. Hopefully they come soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Erik Loza
01-16-2022, 3:08 PM
I am fortunate to be near receiving delivery on some Hammer machines. Have eye on another, but want to get those I ordered this past summer experienced some before making the decision. Hopefully they come soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for hanging in there with us, Mr. Smith.

Erik

Erik Loza
03-09-2022, 11:58 AM
Hey Gang. Been a while since I updated this thread but some rather sudden news: This will be my last week at Felder USA. To make a long story short, I'll be going to work in sales for the same company my wife works for, which is in the electronic health care records field. It's bittersweet: I have been successful and Felder and the company is actually expanding both DE and TX operations. One of our personal goals has been to do a lot more traveling and possibly relocate out of Austin over the next 5-10 years. The ability to have a future that will allow 100% remote work played a big factor in this decision. Anyhow, I'm leaving Felder on good terms and will miss everyone there.

Erik

Ron Selzer
03-09-2022, 12:09 PM
Erik
Congrats on the new job
thanks for all the information and advice you have posted over the years
Don't be a stranger on here
Good Luck
Ron

Rod Sheridan
03-09-2022, 5:39 PM
Good luck Erik, best wishes, sorry to see you leave the Felder Group, please stay in touch on the forum……Regards, Rod

Rod Wolfy
03-09-2022, 8:57 PM
Thanks Erik, keep chopping wood.

Steve Jenkins
03-10-2022, 5:50 AM
Good luck Erik, best wishes, sorry to see you leave the Felder Group, please stay in touch on the forum……Regards, Rod
I agree Erik. If you’re ever in the area stop by. My door is always open to “creekers”

Mick Simon
03-10-2022, 6:55 AM
Best of luck in the new venture, Erik. Many thanks for the valuable input you've provided to all of us!

If you're in the Santa Fe area you're always welcome!

Erik Loza
03-10-2022, 8:39 AM
Thanks, gents! Will do and I still plan to be around Sawmill Creek. Was talking to the Felder USA Sales Manager and told him that if they ever need a hired gun for trade shows and it lines up with my calendar, let me know. He really liked the idea. I've seen the roster of machines for the IWF show this August and it should be truly impressive. I love the brand and the whole team at Felder USA are really some of the best folks you could work with. If I ever get serious about any type of woodworking beyond what I do now, I'd buy an A3-31 and N4400 without hesitation.

Erik

Jeff Monson
03-10-2022, 8:46 AM
Best of luck on your new career path Erik. I'd love to find a work from home setting so my wife and I could winter elsewhere and still make some money! I always enjoy your help here and with Felder.

Pat Rice
03-10-2022, 4:38 PM
Erik you will be missed. Really appreciate your advice in the past and keeping us informed on Sawmill Creek. Best wishes for you future endeavors.

Erik Loza
03-11-2022, 10:13 AM
Erik you will be missed. Really appreciate your advice in the past and keeping us informed on Sawmill Creek. Best wishes for you future endeavors.

Jeff and Pat, ditto and thanks!

One pro tip to all Felder/Hammer customers: If you have a machine on order or plan to order one and want accessories like mobility kits, dial indicators, or anything else, I would strongly suggest ordering those parts directly from the E-shop and ordering sooner rather than later. In other words, don't have your rep just put the accy's on the machine order. We are seeing lots of machines getting delivered with incomplete or back-ordered accessories, even if ordered many months prior. We suspect that the factory is not actually placing a customer's accessory order until their machine leaves Austria. In pre-pandemic times, this was not an issue but the supply chain has been so disrupted that everyone seems to operating on a lean model nowadays, including Felder. It's a bummer to have your jointer/planer show up but mobility kit on backorder. When you order directly from the E-shop, it bypasses all that since it's not tied into a machine order. Hope this make sense.

Erik

Joe Cowan
03-13-2022, 10:45 AM
This is a shot in the dark in case Erik is still watching this. I just received a A3-31 with some freight damage (dent in a cover piece). All is well, but it has a high pitch whistle/rattle while running. I did not get much help (they are very friendly) from the tech staff in Delaware. Any idea if this is something to worry about? I did not see any notice to fill up oils, grease etc. Any advice appreciated.

Erik Loza
03-14-2022, 10:37 AM
This is a shot in the dark in case Erik is still watching this. I just received a A3-31 with some freight damage (dent in a cover piece). All is well, but it has a high pitch whistle/rattle while running. I did not get much help (they are very friendly) from the tech staff in Delaware. Any idea if this is something to worry about? I did not see any notice to fill up oils, grease etc. Any advice appreciated.

Joe, there should not be any rattling or whistling sounds. Did you send a video clip to Felder Tech Support? If it were me, I might pull the various access panels (but NOT the electrical access panel that has the warning sticker) and see if something is touching a pulley or drive belt. Hope this helps.

Erik

Rod Sheridan
03-14-2022, 6:34 PM

Hi Joe, does it make the noise while running without dust collection?

Obviously don’t joint or plane anything without dust extraction, just run the machine…..Regards, Rod

Joe Cowan
03-15-2022, 9:41 AM
I will try that. I have only done a few boards to test. Today I will take the panel off to see if there was anything knocked loose during the shipment as there was a dent in the side. Thanks for the reply.

Jim Becker
03-15-2022, 9:43 AM
Ooh...that's a good question. I remember when I first got my J/P years ago that the noise level really kicked up when the dust collection was turned on...it seems to amplify the sound. Maybe that's because of how the shroud to the cutterhead is shaped or something.

Joe Cowan
03-15-2022, 12:56 PM
Hi Joe, does it make the noise while running without dust collection?

Obviously don’t joint or plane anything without dust extraction, just run the machine…..Regards, Rod

I ran it for a few minutes without DC. It started off quiet, but as it went along the high pitched whistle, whine type noise started. The noise fluctuated rapidly, so that may be the rattle type noise I thought I heard earlier. I do think the DC increases the noise as I always noticed that on my old planer when I opened the blast gate.

Erik Loza
03-15-2022, 3:32 PM
Joe: In particular, check the motor cooling fan. See if it’s loose on the arbor shaft. You may not be able to easily remove the housing (panhead screws around the perimeter base) but “if” the sound is eminating from there, it should be immediately evident.

Erik

Joe Cowan
03-15-2022, 3:43 PM
I will try that tomorrow. Thanks.

Joe Cowan
03-16-2022, 1:12 PM
I took off the back cover and ran the machine. It appears the noise in coming from the area of the large flywheel that has a gasket cover to it. I could see the fan motor but could not get my hands around anything beyond the flywheel. All I touched appeared to be tight without any loose parts. As of now, I will just start using the machine and hope for the best.

Alan Lightstone
03-18-2022, 8:43 AM
Congratulations, Erik. The forum will sure miss your advice and Felder connections. Please stick around for other stuff on the forum.

If I was still working, I'd say you transitioned from selling devices I love (my Felder machines) to ones that torture me every day (EMRs).

Erik Loza
03-21-2022, 9:23 AM
Congratulations, Erik. The forum will sure miss your advice and Felder connections. Please stick around for other stuff on the forum.

If I was still working, I'd say you transitioned from selling devices I love (my Felder machines) to ones that torture me every day (EMRs).

LOL Alan. Thanks and here is a funny story about that: My wife is a Director of Product for the same EMR company I will be working for. She develops the patient portal, among other things. We were vacationing in Mexico recently and she injured her knee to the point where we needed to see an ortho doc here in Austin. It turns out that this practice uses her product. Here she was, in a lot of discomfort and hobbling around on crutches, still quizzing the check-in staff and doctor about how the software was working for them. I think she even tried to chat-up some random lady in the waiting area about how the check in was on their mobile device. Moral of the story: There ARE folks trying to make things better!

Erik

Alan Lightstone
03-21-2022, 10:15 AM
Moral of the story: There ARE folks trying to make things better!

Erik

I have not doubt of that. And thrilled to hear it. It just pains me to watch primary care doctors and specialists spending all their time typing, and not looking at, or only briefly examining patients. And believe me, I'm no Luddite.

When I would do, lets say a routine CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting) operation, it would take me approximately 30 minutes to put the patient to sleep, put a catheter in their radial artery to monitor their blood pressure second-by-second and take blood samples, put another large catheter in their internal jugular vein via ultrasound, using this to pass a pulmonary artery catheter into their heart and out the other side into their lungs. Then place a transesophageal echo probe into their esophagus and visualize their heart function, valves, etc... Again, I could reasonably accomplish this in about 30 minutes.

The paperwork associated with this (we actually, strangely, were not on an EMR for the anesthesia) would be 12 pages, and would take me an hour just to fill out the preliminary paperwork, plus record all the vital signs for hours and hours until the operation was done. So using paper instead of an EMR was no picnic either. And imagine that in a fast paced critical trauma operation.

And the OR nurses spend an insane amount of time documenting all sorts of minutia on the computer. You really do need to play music in the OR to disguise all of the clicking noises from keyboards. Every once in a while they'll look at the patient or surgeon.

So get to work and make this easier for doctors. Nurses too, for that matter.

So you can imagine that woodworking was a nice relief from that scene.

Jim Becker
03-21-2022, 10:25 AM
Wish she could straighten out the portal that our local health care organization uses...sheesh!

Lisa Starr
04-05-2022, 3:30 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but congratulations Erik. I hope the new job suits you and that you and your wife both being able to be remote.

Clifford McGuire
05-07-2022, 3:39 PM
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. In December, I ordered a A3-31 and put down a deposit. Last Monday I recieved an email with a link to pay the remainder via their Quickbooks system.

I'm trying to contact Felder because 1) the remaining balance doesn't add up. I'd like to see a detaied invoice and 2) I'd like to pay by credit card or some other way than a bank transfer.

I've tried to contact Felder by replying to that email (ar-us@felder-group.com) three times, another email to operations-us@felder-group.com. I called the person's number on the notification email and left a message. And I also called their main number, selected '3 for sales', and left a message. I haven't gotten an email reply or call back. It's almost like the whole company took the week off.

After trying each day for a week, I'm worried that they will give my machine to someone else. Anyone have a different method to get a hold of someone who could answer my questions?

Kyle Stiefel
05-07-2022, 8:26 PM
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. In December, I ordered a A3-31 and put down a deposit. Last Monday I recieved an email with a link to pay the remainder via their Quickbooks system.

I'm trying to contact Felder because 1) the remaining balance doesn't add up. I'd like to see a detaied invoice and 2) I'd like to pay by credit card or some other way than a bank transfer.

They must have been doing some balancing of accounts last week as I received an invoice as well. I did pay by credit on the Quickbook system link. However, my balance wasn't a significant sum and perhaps if they are large balances a CC isn't allowed, no idea. Try calling the main office next week and start at reception and crawl through.

Erik Loza
05-08-2022, 9:36 AM
Clifford, do this: Find your Felder customer #, which is a 5-digit combo of numbers and letters. It will be on your original quote or invoice. Yours will likely start with the number “3”. Have this ready and call 866-792-5288 x100. That’s Meredith’s direct desk line. She is the Sales Support Admin and will at least be able to get you in direct contact with your area sales rep (every customer has one, whether or not they realize it).

Customers receive their balance invoices when their container goes on the water, which is often at least a month before the machines arrive and are physically ready to deliver domestically. You should still have plenty of time to get the balance sorted out. Hope this helps,

Erik

Clifford McGuire
05-08-2022, 11:25 AM
Thanks Erik, I'll give Merideth a call tomorrow.

This was in the email I recieved last Tuesday "Great News your machine has arrived in our West Sacramento, California office. Shortly following this email
if your machine is not paid in full you can expect to receive a payment link which will allow you to pay for your purchase directly online. " .

So, it seems to be off the boat. It's the first thing I've heard since paying my deposit in December.

I'm sure we'll get it sorted out. It was just weird to get no replies to the emails and calls last week.

Mr. Jeff Smith
06-18-2022, 5:51 PM
You make any progress Clifford? I would suggest you are quite fortunate in the scheme of things if you ordered in Dec and and are the verge of taking delivery. My A3-41 took about 9 months, and I'm about to hit 1 year waiting on a N4400 order.

Clifford McGuire
07-02-2022, 12:34 PM
Hi Jeff, the good news is that the A3 31 is in my garage. I left Merideth a voice message and she passed it along to the person who originally took my order. All they could tell me was that my machine had made it to Denver. I live in a very rural area, so the end delivery is subcontracted once it reached Denver. Neither the shipping company (ABF??) or the subcontractor could confirm it's location.

My biggest concern woas that the item would show up and no one would be here to take delivery. (It's happened with that subcontractor before. ) But I was promised that I would get 24 hours notice. You guessed it, a few days later it shows up. The driver had it unloaded before calling me. No one was home to take delivery. So, back it went and they tried again a few days later.

The deliveryman placed it in my garage. Before I could round up a few strong friends, Covid hit our house. We're waiting for it to clear before having people over to haul it down to the basement shop.

derek labian
11-02-2022, 3:05 PM
Hey Gang. Been a while since I updated this thread but some rather sudden news: This will be my last week at Felder USA. To make a long story short, I'll be going to work in sales for the same company my wife works for, which is in the electronic health care records field. It's bittersweet: I have been successful and Felder and the company is actually expanding both DE and TX operations. One of our personal goals has been to do a lot more traveling and possibly relocate out of Austin over the next 5-10 years. The ability to have a future that will allow 100% remote work played a big factor in this decision. Anyhow, I'm leaving Felder on good terms and will miss everyone there.

Erik

I thought something must have been up when I saw your signature. Congratulations on the new role and to the possibility of full on remote work. I'm glad you are sticking around here too :)