PDA

View Full Version : Question on DJ20, D0490, etc.

Scott Coffelt
01-05-2006, 4:46 PM
Since these are essentially the same based on recent posts, the question I have is for those that have bought and received one of these, how were they packaged? Meaning, did it showw up completely assembled or was there a couple of boxes and if so, base and tables seperate? Thanks

Travis Porter
01-05-2006, 5:15 PM
For the DJ-20 (which I ordered from Amazon), it came in two boxes. One the steel stand, the other the cast iron. The base was fully assembled with the motor in it and all I had to do was sit the cast iron on it and put the belt on. It took about an hour to get it set up and clean the top total. Have to have help to pick it up though, it is VERY heavy.

Scott Coffelt
01-05-2006, 5:36 PM
OK, great I was hoping it would come in two. I plan to verify wth Grizzly before buying, but I thnk the new G0490 is in my near future... umm, that is when they begin to ship. How's things in Wake Forrest?

Tyler Howell
01-05-2006, 6:37 PM
Same Jointer and vendor. The motor was bolted to the floor of the base not the motor mount for stability in shipping.
Boy was the top heavy:eek:
couple hours of assembly and cleaning

CPeter James
01-05-2006, 6:46 PM
I have seen three of the DJ20 motor motor mounts install backwards. They are almost, but not quite symmetrical and if installed backwards, the motor pulley hangs too far off the shaft and will loosen on the shaft and eventually ruin both the pulley and shaft. I have seen this happen.

BTW, mine was one of the three and it had been run this way (I bought it used), but seemed to be undamaged.

CPeter

Howard Norman
01-05-2006, 8:26 PM
Since the G0490 has not shipped yet there is no way to tell if it will be in one or two boxes. However, by looking at the manufacturers site they ship it in two packages so I am betting that is what Grizzly will do also. I ordered one before Christmas so I expect to get one of the first coming to the US. I will post when it arrives.

Howard