PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee M18 Compact Router - height adj

Michael Drew
01-26-2021, 12:47 PM
I bought this little router, thinking just how handy it would be...... It IS handy. One problem though. The bit height/depth adjuster knob is in the perfect location to be bumped every time I grad the thing and use it. I cannot figure out how to lock this thing. Am I doing something wrong? There has to be a way to keep the bit height secure, just has to be..... Anyone??

Randy Viellenave
01-26-2021, 7:14 PM
Michael,

The latch on the front should keep the height sturdy. If it doesn't, look for an adjustment on the cam lock.
Picture is from Amazon... I have the Rigid router, and it is very similar.

Michael Drew
01-26-2021, 8:43 PM
Yah, I adjusted that already. The problem I am having, is whenever I pick it up, my thumb or finger turns the stupid knob. It's not a problem if I am only using it for once, but if I'm trimming edges or routing an edge as I build something, the profile gets changed. I suppose I just need to keep this in the back of mind and try not to forget..... Seems dumb to me that this thing doesn't have a lock to prevent inadvertent changes.

joseph f merz
01-26-2021, 8:53 PM
if the cam is locked the screw should not turn . it is very common that the collet either just is a bit slippery or not tight enough .the bits can move then .
hopefully your little router is not the problem .if that wheel is all it takes to knock it out it is far from acceptable .

Michael Drew
01-27-2021, 5:08 PM
I'll try some more tension on the locking cam. Maybe I didn't increase this enough.....