PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Burls

Robert Mickley
01-05-2006, 3:37 PM
Would anyone be interested in some burls? Silly question huh?

I have access to 2 nice BIG burls. If I was to just go buy them I could be shot. and I really only want about 1/2 of the small one. I figured we could split them. I've never bought from this guy. But I do know he is highly respected. He builds high end natural form furniture and has been on a show on DIY. My wife knows him since she went to school with him. They are located near Greensburg PA. If I can generate enough interest I'll go and pick them up. I can then either drop them off on my way home or they could be picked up here, or we can work out shipping.

He would like to get $2 a pound
I should be getting some more pics later. Any questions I need to ask him?

This is the info he gave me on them so far.

I use and cut burl frequently and I have been trying to develop a market. I have decided not to cut it unless I am already in the woodlot and it is top shelf dormant bud. This stuff qualifies. No voids and vibrant growing tree (all the best signs for quality). The photos show all sides and there is a spray paint can on the top for scale

The big one is 204 lbs. and 65" in circumference
the little one 117 lbs. and 58" in circumference. The weight is after trimming the excess trunk in the photo.