PDA

View Full Version : Tooltech Industry Line Bore Machine

Ryan Stollewerk
01-24-2021, 2:32 PM
Does anybody have experience or know anything about the Tooltech Industry Pneumatic Line Bore machine? It's seems well built and for only $1,600.00 with Free Shipping it's pretty attractive. I'm wanting to speed up the shelf pin drilling process and also improve quality (no tear out). For about the same price I could go with the Festool solution for this but an automated machine like the Tooltech seems like the way to go as far as speed. Here's the link for the unit I'm looking at.

https://www.tooltechindustry.com/pb13.html

I'm currently using the Kreg jig with decent results, but it's very time consuming, especially when I'm building cabinets for an entire kitchen. I also have the Woodriver jig with their plunge bit and am not happy at all with the performance. It produced more tear out than the Kreg.

Thanks!

Bruce Wrenn
01-24-2021, 10:00 PM
Are you building just one set of cabinets, or do you do this for a living? For a single set of cabinets, I would use a jig and plunge router with a 5mm up cut spiral bit. FYI, I bought my bits from Eagle America. I made my own "MEG" style boring guide. There are plenty of you tubes showing this operation. Accuracy in building jig is CRITICAL!. Measure and mark isn't accurate enough. For first jig, used a Bridgeport with DRO to bore pilot holes for router bushing. Since then, I have developed another method that is just as accurate, but doesn't need a $15K Bridgeport. Unfortunately , I can't discuss it in a public forum right now.

Jared Sankovich
01-24-2021, 11:26 PM
Seems incredibly inexpensive. Even the grizzly 15 spindle manual version is 2600. I would want to see one in person.

I have a 7 spindle head on one of my pneumatic hinge borers. Even that is a big upgrade from a router or kreg.

Peter Kelly
01-25-2021, 11:16 AM
Maksiwa also has one for $1,700 at Burns, Würth, Richelieu and a few other places. Looks decent.
https://www.burnstools.com/lbp-13-pneumatic-line-boring-machine

The advantages to the Festool LR 32 are that it packs away taking up almost no space and that it’ll allow you to drill down the center of wider panel. You’ll find that the depth capacity of the fence with these types of machine is pretty limiting when you’re trying to drill base cabinets.

Also, lots of other routers will work with LR 32 system so all you really need from Festool are the drilling set ($270), a 55" rail ($145) and a couple clamps ($46) and a 1/4" shank 5mm drill bit ($36) so less than $500.