PDA

View Full Version : Shopvac soft bristle brush

jim sauterer
01-21-2021, 9:10 AM
Does anyone know where to purchase a soft bristle brush for shop vac.after sanding a project I use the stiff bristle brush that comes with the vac but the bristles are plastic and hard and can actually mark the wood thanks jim.

Frank Pratt
01-21-2021, 9:25 AM
A central vacuum shop should be able to fix you up with a good natural bristle brush.

Prashun Patel
01-21-2021, 9:26 AM
There are "horse hair shop vac dust brush" attachments available on AMZN. One is made by Maresh products. You'll have to figure out your couplings.

jim sauterer
01-22-2021, 7:57 AM
Thanks frank and prashun I looked on Amazon but not for horsehair

Curt Harms
01-24-2021, 10:34 AM
I have brushes for a Fein vac that are pretty soft. The port size is different than Shop Vac so I'm not sure how you'd work that out.

Brian Deakin
01-25-2021, 4:50 AM
The brush I have found most useful for vacuuming fine dust is a Dyson Genuine Vacuum Cleaner Soft Dusting Brush Tool

I purchased 3 of the brushes for our woodturning club

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61yYsMsslrL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

The cheapest place to purchase the brush is Ebay If you search for Dyson cleaning kit or Dyson accessories you will often find a number of tools in a better price

or just search Dyson soft brush

Please note some of the kits come with a number of adapters which may allow you to make a more professional connection to your shop vac