PDA

View Full Version : My Pole Barn/Wood Shop passed it's building inspection.

Dave Walker
01-05-2006, 10:27 AM
I posted a little over a month ago asking about insulation ideas for a new Pole Barn I was building. While I haven't done any electrical or insulation yet, I did complete the construction of my building and am happy to say it passed the final inspection. Here are a few pics of the outside of the finished building. It is 32' x 48' with an 8' x 48' porch overhang. It also has an upstairs which is 16' x 48'. I'll probably start the electrical and insulation this spring. Thanks for looking and I'll keep you posted of my progress.

http://www.becker-ventures.com/pics/barn01.jpg

http://www.becker-ventures.com/pics/barn02.jpg

Brad Townsend
01-05-2006, 10:54 AM
That's a real sweet building you have there. You are going to love that upstairs. You can store all kinds of junk up there. I built a 20x30 a year ago with a steep (but normal) pitched roof to allow for headroom upstairs. Your's is even better. I also have a 4x6 hatch between the first and second floors with an electric hoist mounted to the roof rafters over it foir getting large, heavy stuff up. I have my DC and compressor up there to cut down on the noise downstairs and it works out real well, so run some circuits (both 110 and 220) up there. You won't be sorry.

tod evans
01-05-2006, 11:02 AM
nice diggs dave

Tyler Howell
01-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Nice going Dave!!

John Miliunas
01-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Wow! That is really, really nice, Dave! I'd love to have an upper floor on this joint! Nice design, as well. Does NOT have that "pole barn" appearance to it at all!:) :cool:

Greg Hairston
01-05-2006, 11:10 AM
AWESOME shop. I thought mine was big at 32 X40. You will love the space and will have so much you wont know what to do with it all. Once again Congrats

Greg

Frank Pellow
01-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Dave, that's a very nice looking building and I expect that you will have a great shop in it.

Congratulations on passing the inspection. It's always a relief when you reach that stage on a building.

Travis Porter
01-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Nice, very nice. Now comes the fun part, figuring out where to put electrical outlets, dust collection, air hose, etc.

Frank Eppler
01-05-2006, 7:14 PM
Looks great Dave. Can't wait to see the inside finished.

Frank

Keith Christopher
01-05-2006, 7:31 PM
WOW put some tools in there an open 'er up !

Tom Drake
01-06-2006, 6:37 AM
Wow! Great looking shop!

Kirk (KC) Constable
01-06-2006, 7:18 AM
That makes me wanna not go home and look at my house...let alone the 'structure' I call a shop. :(

Enviously, ;)

KC

Dave Walker
01-06-2006, 8:32 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I appreciate it.

But now I'm starting to get worried. My wife said she has to go shopping for blinds and curtains for it now...:eek:

John Miliunas
01-06-2006, 8:38 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I appreciate it.

But now I'm starting to get worried. My wife said she has to go shopping for blinds and curtains for it now...:eek:

Curtains: Make sure they're the phooooofy ones with flowers on them!:D Hey, seriously! What blue-blooded American thief would go searching for tools in a building with those on it??? Cheap security system.:D :) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
01-06-2006, 9:04 AM
Wow Dave, that is one sweet looking shop! You are going to love having all of that space. Congrats!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-06-2006, 9:51 AM
Congrats on passing those inspections Dave! Like you, I'm in the process of building a new shop. I've been 18 months in the process. Everything I do is to code or better and evething is inspected. Makes it safer and easier to sell in the future. Again..........Congrats!

Bruce Page
01-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Wow! That’s beautiful Dave! I bet it will be breath taking this spring when the trees leaf out! I’m looking forward to seeing the inside.

I’m way Jealous!!