PDA

View Full Version : Corel 12 problem

Dennis Kotlowski
01-05-2006, 8:53 AM
I am having a problem loading my Corel 12.....it was working fine yesterday. Everytime I try to load it I get an error...."VALID WORKSPACE FILE NOT FOUND AT THE PATH SPECIFIED. A NAME CONTAINED AN INVALID CHARACTER." I have already un-installed and reloaded the program but I get the same error. I have a ticket with Corel but have not got an answer yet. If anyone here can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis:(

Jerry Allen
01-05-2006, 9:12 AM
First, try holding the F8 key when Draw is opened. That will reset the default factory settings.

Try deleting the folder:

C:\documents and settings\your windows username\application data\corel\graphics12

and then reinstall. Use the program unstaller in the control panel first.

You will need to have Explorer set to show hidden folders.

If that doesn't work, you might have to edit the registry.

Dennis Kotlowski
01-05-2006, 9:42 AM
[quote=Jerry Allen]First, try holding the F8 key when Draw is opened. That will reset the default factory settings.quote]

Thanks Jerry....your the man.

Something as simple as holding a key down was driving me crazy all night. I am glad I joined this forum. It has helped me out alot. Thanks again!!

Dennis :D

Lee DeRaud
01-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Something as simple as holding a key down was driving me crazy all night.Heh. You should have seen the excitement I went through when my keyboard developed a sticky 'return' key...:eek:

Aaron Koehl
01-06-2006, 12:11 AM
I have had Corel go caddywhumpus on me at least three times since I've been a user (6, 10, 11, and 12), for no apparent reason. The reset hotkey is always a lifesaver-