PDA

View Full Version : Photography Class - live, oneline

John K Jordan
01-17-2021, 12:01 AM
The management agrees this upcoming event could benefit SMC Members who have an interest in photography and photographing their work.

Live online class by John Lucas
How to Photograph Your Fine Woodworking
Wednesday, Jan 27 at 8pm Eastern time

LINK: https://woodworkingliveonlineclasses.com/How-to-Photograph-Your-Fine-Woodworking-p275545788

John Lucas is an incredibly creative wood worker, turner, and teacher. John has been a professional photographer for decades and is well respected for his photography of sculpture, art, and lots of wooden things, large and small. He has taught classes at John C. Campbell Folk School, Arrowmont, and The Appalachian Center for Crafts.

John will teach some simple and inexpensive ways to get high quality photos -a studio full of expensive equipment is not required!

The link above has detailed information on the things he will cover in the class.
The fee is for a bundle which includes both the live 2-hr class PLUS later viewing of the recording of the session.
NOTE: the discount code in the link is good until the end of January.

A few example photos that John sent:

Craig Nutt

Jay Replongle

Alf Sharp

BTW, I've known John L. for many years and I'm constantly impressed by his creativity and skills. Although I've been photographing for over a half century I've signed up for the class - there is always more to learn!

JKJ

Clark Hussey
01-17-2021, 7:29 AM
Thank you for sharing this. I have been looking at it.