PDA

View Full Version : Lasering probem with M-series pinnacle

Jackie McGowan
01-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone. I got my machine in may 2005. At first I did not seem to have this problem then it happened a few times and I thought my art was corrupt or something. But now it seems to happen on everything I do even regular text and weather or not the art is vector or bitmapped so the art is not the problem. Here goes... When I raster engrave my machine engraves little vertical lines to the left and right of the art. It happens at the point where the laser begins to go back in the other direction. so its further out from my art but the lines make a pattern that seems to mimic the edge of whatever I am lasering. Using corel 11 & windows xp. Has anyone had this problem? I really can't laser till I fix it. Got an support email in to sign wharehouse but no answer yet. If I can figure out how I'll take a photo and post it.

mike klein
01-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Jackie,

Are you seeing what I call 'Wiggly' vertical lines in your engraving? I just went thru engraving problem with my M series and possibly you are having the same issue..

Mike

Jackie McGowan
01-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Mike,
Each tiny line is actually straight up and down but offset from one another so they are patterned what ever the edge if the art is if its the letter S, then the lines sort of form an S. But if the art has a straight edge to left or right then the lines "line up" vertically. very weird.

Jackie McGowan
01-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Here is a photo of problem on scrap wood

Jackie McGowan
01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
well that didn't work lets try again

mike klein
01-05-2006, 7:12 AM
Jackie,

I am trying to see the problem in the photo, but zooming in only makes it worse.

These are just a few things I have learned in the last couple of weeks when engraving quality goes from perfect to very poor quality overnight.

1. Make sure the rails (x and y) are clean
2. Make sure the rollers, especially on the head are clean
3. All mirrors and the lens are spotless.

Clean the mirror on the backside, which SW says to clean every 6 months.
(I am going at least every month now), mine was filthy...

My machine has only been in use maybe 3 months and when I noticed the problem showing up was after we ran a lot of anodized metal and wood products. I finally told SW to send me a new set of rollers, I changed them, and the problem instantly disappeared, back to normal.

I'm not saying the rollers are your problem, but I didn't think they were either in my situation with the machine only being a few months old.

Mike

Kevin Huffman
01-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Hello Jackie,
You should have an email in your email box. It looks like over aggitation from the picture.
There is a jumper on the mainboard that can fix it. The email I sent you had the who/what/when/where and how to get this resolved.

Let me know,

Jackie McGowan
01-05-2006, 9:03 PM
Thank You Kevin Huffman and To Jim Walters for sending him my link. My Problem seems to be fixed. It was a problem with the laser being "over active" and What Kevin Suggested worked.
Thanks again.... Back to lasering!:o